Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LCD, where do i start?

lon
New User

Mar 1, 2009, 2:03 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1529 views)
Shortcut
LCD, where do i start? Can't Post

Hi, i'm a new member and i saw this great site now and i really need help. My search on this did not deliver anything.

I repair CRT tv's but i want to move on to LCD TV's.
Problem is i know nothing about LCD and what i would like to know is where do i start?

Thx & Regards.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2009, 5:33 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lon] LCD, where do i start? [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out the links below -- Dan

FREE Short Report BenQ and Acer Monitor Repair > Click Here

LCD Parts Source >> Click Here

Easily Understand The Functions Of Switch Mode Power Supply >> Click Here

Secrets How to Test Electronic Components

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Mar 2, 2009, 5:41 AM)

lon
New User

Mar 2, 2009, 5:57 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] LCD, where do i start? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help Repair man, i'll check these links.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2009, 3:33 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1511 views)
Shortcut

You're welcome, I'm happy to help.

I was much like you not long ago. I've been in the TV repair business for a long time and knew mainly CRT sets.

Without giving away my age, when I first started I worked on tube sets, then along came the new age of the transistor and everyone said 'Ooooooohhhh, transistors instead of tubes, what's this world coming to, what's next computers or maybe even space travel?

Anyway I had to either pack it in like many other techs either that or I had to re-learn the way TVs and electronics worked, so I hit the books and learned transistors. It was great for about 30 years or so and then they did it again only this time it's ICs and Flat panel LCD and Plasma sets. It was back to learning once again for me.

I must say that I've personally used all of the material in those links and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get into learning LCD and Plasma technology. It's much easier than CRT sets once you understand how they work, and the best part is you can make a lot more money repairing them because not many people know how so you can pretty much set your price for repair.

I have made a lot from the stuff in those links and will make much much more.

Most LCDs and Plasma sets last 2 years or maybe 3 tops and they all need repair in some way (Unlike CRT sets that last 10 to 20 years) and there have been millions of LCD sets sold so when it comes to repair, you do the math.

I hope this material helps you or anyone reading this post that wants to get into learning LCD and Plasma repair.

If you want to email me privately I can show you how to make money from day 1 repairing LCD and Plasma sets (just write 'I want to know more' in the subject line). You can find my email address listed in my user name info. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Mar 2, 2009, 5:34 PM)

lon
New User

Mar 2, 2009, 5:41 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] LCD, where do i start? [In reply to] Can't Post

Repair man i really appreciate your response to this problem of mine. I'll send email, thx

premium1
New User

Mar 6, 2009, 12:27 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1480 views)
Shortcut

If you are looking for a great source of information on LCD TV repair, follow this link. http://qualityproductsplus.synthasite.com/

lon
New User

Mar 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [premium1] LCD, where do i start? [In reply to] Can't Post

OK thx premium 1

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)