LCD Backlight PWM driver problems??

paisleypcdoctor
New User

Jan 2, 2008, 8:29 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1899 views)
Shortcut
LCD Backlight PWM driver problems?? Can't Post

Hello,
I generally repair set top boxes and PC mainboards, but occassionally I have a stab at LCD monitors.

I seem to see a LOT with similar problems- turning on for a second or two, then the backlight goes off (picture still there- just no backlight). It is always something to do with the backlight PWM controller IC.

1st time I seen it, I was really lucky to find an excellent datasheet with circuit function descriptions for the IC, and I fixed it by lowering the value of a capacitor in a soft start timer (resistor capacitor timer).

Not had so much luck lately- just replace components around the IC and hope for the best really.

Does anyone have a better understanding of what the problem is (generally)and some typical fixes?

I'd love to get to grips with this one, I'm sure it must be common in LCD TV's too.

Thanks in advance.

-Michael.

PS - the last PWM controlelr I seen was a TL1451ACN.

(This post was edited by paisleypcdoctor on Jan 2, 2008, 8:29 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 18, 2008, 6:18 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paisleypcdoctor] LCD Backlight PWM driver problems?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Like most individual felt stabbed in this forum from the beginning regarding this discussion? thanks for confirming. dispose properly all off your collections and help promote in general public how to use more of their time and money valuable for a new and the upcomings.

denonjapan
made in japan

paisleypcdoctor
New User

Jan 19, 2008, 8:33 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] LCD Backlight PWM driver problems?? [In reply to] Can't Post

What?
You on drugs, mate?
I couldnt make a single bit of sense out of your post- am I missing something?

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 20, 2008, 5:15 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paisleypcdoctor] LCD Backlight PWM driver problems?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Repairing lcd's doesn't do you "out of luck", "Plenty of courage" and "smart attitude". I don't care who you are, and how angry you'd become. Still, if you can't get any bit of senses of what I'm telling you right now is because> YOU ARE DEFINITELY "OUT OF ORDER YOURSELF". hope you will FIX that, and Pls. don't miss any of that.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Jan 20, 2008, 5:20 AM)

paisleypcdoctor
New User

Jan 20, 2008, 2:22 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] LCD Backlight PWM driver problems?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously mate- I'm not angry- I just haven got a clue what your talking about???
I was asking about common failure mechanisms of PWM controllers and your replies read like the rantings of of a schizophrenic who has not taken their medicine. I cant find anything in your posts about the subject I posted about, just random gibberish.
I have read both your posts several times and I'm sorry that I cannot make sense of them. I have read other posts you have made on this forum, and they seem fine, so I dont really understand whats going on?

If you have something useful to post, please do so.

Thanks again,
-PCdoc

(This post was edited by paisleypcdoctor on Jan 20, 2008, 2:24 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 22, 2008, 5:16 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1820 views)
Shortcut

There are no typical fixes or is there a such thing as common failure on lcd monitors. Once gone! it's gone. That's what we call LIFESPAN. Some may stay longer than others. Not all are thesame. I bet if you are intelligent enough to continue or not pursue the experiment or your science project. it's up to you!

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)