Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ?

peanut
New User

Aug 10, 2008, 1:23 PM

Post #1 of 10 (4164 views)
Shortcut
LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? Can't Post

can anyone tell me what this display problem is likely to be caused by please. It has me stumped. <br>The LCD works perfectly picture and audio but the onscreen overlay text box is pixelated and unreadable. After 15 minutes 2 bands of pixleated text ? creep up the screen and turn into boxes of colour constantly changeing. TV image is still perfect underneath. Eventually green signal lines cover the screen diagonally and obliterate the picture underneath which is still perfect ? <br>It must be to do with the circuit that controls the menu display overlay but how http://i130.photobucket.com/...o/hannsgLCDfault.jpg

(This post was edited by peanut on Aug 10, 2008, 6:01 PM)

peanut
New User

Aug 14, 2008, 6:24 PM

Post #2 of 10 (4131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peanut] LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

blimey 27 views and not a single reply. Are there no techs on this forum at all ?Smile

techchris
Veteran

Aug 15, 2008, 10:13 AM

Post #3 of 10 (4125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peanut] LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

could be a micro or eeprom or control pcb fault.the problem is that LCD tv's are repaired by whole circuit board changes .we get that make here in the UK and the chance of getting spares is not much higher than zero.

peanut
New User

Aug 15, 2008, 2:17 PM

Post #4 of 10 (4124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks chris that at least puts the prospect of a DIY repair out of the question. Its a shame as the picture and sound are perfect however as soon as the volume or channel controls etc are used the overlay text starts to cover the tv picture rendering it useless.
The Hanns-G is an extremely popular LCD TV in the UK and there are 500 + post threads dedicated to them on AV forums There should be tons of spares if the high failure rates are anything to go by.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 15, 2008, 4:05 PM

Post #5 of 10 (4122 views)
Shortcut

if you dont select any menu does the picture remain ok?

peanut
New User

Aug 15, 2008, 4:10 PM

Post #6 of 10 (4121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes for quite a lot longer about 45 minutes.
The picture never degrades its always perfect. Its the volume control and menu text that overlays the picture that gradually corrups and spreads covering the picture underneath

onetech
User

Aug 15, 2008, 4:53 PM

Post #7 of 10 (4120 views)
Shortcut

I don't know much about that brand but I have seen the same type of problem in other brands due to a problem in the character generator circuit for the on screen display.

peanut
New User

Aug 15, 2008, 7:07 PM

Post #8 of 10 (4116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onetech] LCD TV HANNS-G JT261 weird display problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes that sounds about right. I'm sure the process is essentially the same in all tv's
Might be worth looking for another JT261 for salvage and try some simple substitution.
Its gonna grieve me to toss out a £350 tv if its a simple fix
thanks for your post

techchris
Veteran

Aug 15, 2008, 7:31 PM

Post #9 of 10 (4115 views)
Shortcut

some tv,s generate characters from the text chips and some from the microprocessor. you need a service manual to determine what this tv does.

peanut
New User

Aug 15, 2008, 9:31 PM

Post #10 of 10 (4114 views)
Shortcut

Ok I'll see if I can find one. It would help if I knew who manufacturers these things or supplies the boards . I'll see what I can find .Thanks for your help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)