LG 42lb5820 Won't Turn On with 3 Blinking Red Light

Wildwind
New User

Oct 9, 2016, 11:28 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2774 views)
Shortcut
LG 42lb5820 Won't Turn On with 3 Blinking Red Light Can't Post

Hi all,
My 2 year old 42" LG 42lb5820 won't turn on with 3 blinking red light. I measured the voltages output on the power supply board and they were correct with 3.5V (standby), 12 V and 24V output. The LED blinked 3 times with the LG logo sometimes flashed on and then off to black screen.

It has the EAX65610206 motherboard so I will be looking for a replacement board.

Sorry for the NOOB questions below:

Do I need to get the exact board that came out of a 42" TV or anything in this LB58B series will do (ie 32", 40", 50", 60")? Do they have specific firmware for that TV size or they are all the same?

Also, I live in Australia, can I get a board from the US with the same part number or the TV tuner is different on the board (ie NTSC instead of PAL)?

Thanks.

(This post was edited by Wildwind on Oct 9, 2016, 12:11 PM)

Wildwind
New User

Oct 9, 2016, 2:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wildwind] LG 42lb5820 Won't Turn On with 3 Blinking Red Light [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, there was no voltage output to the LED driver boards thus no LED backlight :( <br>

Update: there was ~90VDC across the +ve and -ve terminal of the LED backlight connector but there was no light.

I know the LED brightness is PWM controlled. Could someone confirm that I can drive or test the LED backlight directly using a variable DC power supply?

Thanks.

(This post was edited by Wildwind on Oct 14, 2016, 12:11 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)