Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on.

sprojunk
New User

Jul 19, 2010, 8:09 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9391 views)
Shortcut
LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on. Can't Post

Hello, I have a new problem with my LG 50 PC1DR. The TV is about 2-3 years old, out of warranty. The other day, after trying to turn on the TV, I realized the TV could not stay 'on'.

Although it is constantly getting power - the standby red light is on - no matter what, after trying to turn on the TV, the light would switch to green for only a couple of seconds, then revert back to red. Picture never shows up on the TV, nor sound.

Everything seems normal when powering on; the normal clicking noise that the TV would make clicks like it used to, but the TV just won't stay on.

I had heard this to be a relatively common problem for the bigger LCD screens, and that it was attributable to the Power Board. I have opened the case and to me it looks like there are no blown fuses anywhere.

Also, when I power on the TV, or at least attempt to, I see two separate green lights come on in the back of the TV, on two separate boards circuit boards, before they shut off as the TV goes back into standby.

If anyone has any suggestions as to whether this is likely a power board issue, or perhaps something else with the things I have mentioned, please let me know!

LG-50PC1DR
Power Board - EAY32957901

I believe that is the correct board for the model of TV I have, if that helps at all.

Thank you.

Tech team
New User

Sep 18, 2010, 10:13 PM

Post #2 of 5 (9333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sprojunk] LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

When you remove the back of the set. You will fined a couple of caps on the power supply board that are bulged and they need to be replaced, or you can buy a new power supply at www.partstore.com. If you want to just purchase the caps, you can get them at www.mcmelectronics.com
Need more assistance? Goto. www.needansweronline.com

(This post was edited by Tech team on Sep 18, 2010, 10:15 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 18, 2010, 10:19 PM

Post #3 of 5 (9328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tech team] LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

Change of tactics, I see.
Why should anyone pay a penalty for looking at a power board?

I know I, for one, will be occasionally checking to see if the item you specify IS actually "available" at the locations you specify.Angelic

-------------------------

Tech team
New User

Sep 18, 2010, 10:47 PM

Post #4 of 5 (9323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry, but the power supply is a real common problem for that model. Just like you, are sence you know it all

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 18, 2010, 10:50 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tech team] LG 50PC1DR - Standby powered on, but can't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

By "change of tactics" I'm referring to the actual dispensing of "useful" advice, although your website link might be better in your signature area.

You will fined a couple of caps on the power supply board that are bulged and they need to be replaced,

YOU WROTE IT, NOT ME.Cool

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 18, 2010, 10:54 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)