Magnavox 37MF437B/37 power on issue

speakrdude
New User

Nov 8, 2012, 12:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4234 views)
Shortcut
Magnavox 37MF437B/37 power on issue Can't Post

Hello all,
I have a Magnovox 37" (37MF437B/37), that has an issue powering up. The unit is probally around 2007 model. Has a great picture, but starting about a year or two ago, upon powering up, the red standby light, would turn green, and nothing....
But, if you unplugged the power cable and replugged it would eventually power on. Once it came on, it would stay on. (seems to only do it if the unit sat in the off mode all night or if the temp in the house was cool)
I did some research and decided to replace the power supply caps and any other caps that looked suspisious. (None looked too bad, really)
All seemed ok for a while, now problem is back and is getting harder and harder to get to power on. Unplug, turn on, tries to come on, bleep, off again. unplug power cord, repeat, Eventually I can get to come on and stay on.
I have done the obvious visual inspection, but need some pointers.
Thanks,
Jim

speakrdude
New User

Nov 10, 2012, 10:43 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [speakrdude] Magnavox 37MF437B/37 power on issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this thing on?
Test one two......

speakrdude
New User

Nov 18, 2012, 11:32 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4188 views)
Shortcut

Well......took unit apart again....everything looked fine. Verifed same problem by plugging and unplugging while probing and troubleshooting. Decided to move 5a fuse around in its holder. TV started working fine! Pulled fuse, wiped down with some dilectric compound, reinstalled. Tested three days on/off/on/ off there after. Has worked flawlessly ever since. May be the problem, may not. So far so good!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 18, 2012, 2:48 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4187 views)
Shortcut

"Tighten" the fuse holder clips.Unimpressed

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)