Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Mitsubishi LT-52149 HDMI Input Issues

Bear549
New User

Feb 2, 2009, 8:24 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2214 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi LT-52149 HDMI Input Issues Can't Post

I am curious if anyone has access to this TV to see if they can duplicate the problems I am having to see if it is an inherent problem with all Mits LT series TVs.
I Have a Dish HD receiver connected to HDMI 1 and a DVD player connected to the component input 2. (I do not think it really matters what devices are connected as long as one is HDMI.) If I go into the menu on the TV and name these inputs as SAT and DVD, then when I switch back and forth on the inputs or turn the TV off, the HDMI input will not hold the video or audio settings and always reverts back to factory defaults. The component settings stay as they are set.
If I do not rename the inputs and leave them as HDMI 1 and Input 2, the settings will not revert back to factory and the TV works as it should.
The TV prompts you to name the inputs from selecting from the drop down menu when you connect a device to it. I do not understand why Mits would have their menu set like this if you are not allowed to rename the inputs without losing your settings?
Any suggestions or information I can get on this would be greatly appreciated.

joepeeps68
New User

Feb 4, 2009, 3:51 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bear549] Mitsubishi LT-52149 HDMI Input Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Switch to Component Video Cables instead of the HDMI. The signal is 1080i not 1080p so you will not see any difference in picture quality. Also the boxes on cable or satellite have trouble with HDMI someimes due to the variable signal and the two way communication associated with HDMI. Basically the box isn't talking properly to the TV. Think of it as they are speaking different languages and the setting are being lost in translation. I went to Westfair TV in Fairfield CT and they suggested this to me when I had the same problem with my cablebox. I tried it and it worked for me. This should solve your problem. Hope it works for you like it did for me.

(This post was edited by joepeeps68 on Feb 4, 2009, 3:55 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)