Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
NEC TV Has trouble Turning On.

colema62
New User

Sep 14, 2013, 2:16 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1805 views)
Shortcut
NEC TV Has trouble Turning On. Can't Post

First off, new to the forum. I have a 40" NEC LCD TV. Not sure of the model, and cannot see the back easily because it is wall mounted. A little back story on the TV... I acquired it about 2 years ago. My wife worked at a bank that had this TV playing in the background 24/7 365 for 4 years until it was replaced because it developed a line in. We got it because they were going to toss it and it worked perfectly fine. The lines have been a non issue for it because we regularly turn it off and the lines disappear as soon as the TV cools down a little.

My current problem is this. When the TV turns on it goes through a start up where the power light will flash Amber a few times, then Turn Green and a Blue Power Light will also light up, and the TV will come to life. Lately what is happening is the TV will begin starting up, flashing Amber, then going Green, with the Blue light on as well, but there will be no picture, and no sound. Normally after the first attempt the TV will not turn back off unless it is unplugged from the outlet. After it is plugged back in and you turn it on again the same scenario will play out minus the need to unplug it from the outlet. This process will continue for anywhere from 5 minutes to Hours until the TV will finally come to life correctly. Once it is fully on the TV works flawlessly without any lines or issues at all. Come the next morning, this Tedious process will play out again.

What could be the problem with the TV? Is there anything that could be easily replaced in the TV that could fix the problem? OR is the TV simply terminal and I should count my blessings that it still turns on at all and works.

Any Insight would be AWESOME! Thank you all for any help!

Jeff

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)