Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Olevia Remote Glitch

Brian52
New User

Mar 9, 2015, 3:31 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2228 views)
Shortcut
Olevia Remote Glitch Can't Post

Olevia 37" Series-5 LCD HDTV works great but I goofed and the TV is back to Factory Settings. The Aspect Function is set to Full Screen but I prefer Zoom 1 and the Channel Up/Down mutes the TV. <br> <br>I put in new batteries, cleaned the IR cover and tried the buttons on the TV. The problem seems to be with the remote and, of course, my problem with Setup and getting my own settings instead of the Factory Settings. <br>

(This post was edited by Brian52 on Mar 9, 2015, 3:41 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 9, 2015, 5:27 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Brian52] Olevia Remote Glitch [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you say the remote is faulty, the OSD features should still work with the FRONT panel buttons. See User Manual.

-------------------------

Brian52
New User

Mar 9, 2015, 10:16 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Olevia Remote Glitch [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for replying so soon!

You are correct that the buttons on the front panel work fine but I am still in Factory Settings.

When I try to go through Setup I can't find a way to select TV and get out of Factory Settings.I cannot get out of Full Screen when I prefer Zoom 1 and the Channel Up/Down mutes the TV. I think this must be part of the Factory Settings.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 9, 2015, 10:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Brian52] Olevia Remote Glitch [In reply to] Can't Post

"Factory" Settings in the Customer user OSD mode? (Pg 5 of User manual explains front panel button operations in OSD mode - assuming I'm looking at the 'right' manual)

OR

"Service" settings in the technician Service mode?

-------------------------

Brian52
New User

Mar 10, 2015, 3:23 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Olevia Remote Glitch [In reply to] Can't Post

I found the OSD on page 41. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;Factory Settings - It can reset all parameters in OSD Menu Mode for all input sources. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;Factory Settings by Input - It can reset all parameters in OSD Menu Mode for the source you select currently. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt; &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;On page 30 I found the sequence for selecting options. I was using the wrong sequence and exiting without selecting the changes I wanted. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt; &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;Ahh. Problem solved. Thanks for your interest and help. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt; &lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt;Wrong! Channel Up/Down mutes the TV and doesn't change the channel. Any suggestions? &lt;br&gt; <br> <br>

(This post was edited by Brian52 on Mar 10, 2015, 7:45 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)