Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons?

flemingdl
New User

Sep 26, 2008, 4:47 AM

Post #1 of 5 (15122 views)
Shortcut
PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons? Can't Post

We sure want PIP with the 37" LCD tv we're shopping for and are dissappointed Unsure that it's so absent on most (all?) models in the middle price range we're looking at. Any explanation for this? Any Models recommended that have it?

A Video Only salesman told me with PIP one of the channels was very limited to a few channels and hence why its just not offered on many - I question that, he wanted to sell me what they had only (?)

I can easily supply the 2nd tuner with a VCR or 2nd source - just really like the idea monitoring a sports or news event show while watching another, or PC Gaming / using web, etc..
Thanks Folk
Don F
Bellevue Wa

(This post was edited by flemingdl on Sep 26, 2008, 2:16 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 27, 2008, 4:04 AM

Post #2 of 5 (15099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flemingdl] PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's because you are looking at most consumer models around now, Look for Professional displays and it cost less in absence of tuner built-in.

denonjapan
made in japan

flemingdl
New User

Sep 29, 2008, 4:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (15076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons? [In reply to] Can't Post

Professional types sound like they may be a tad pricey for us. We're now open to up to a 42" size now, am still interested in advice of actual brand lines to pursue that include the PIP feature in a < $1200 model.
Cheers Folks Cool

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 30, 2008, 5:30 AM

Post #4 of 5 (15071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flemingdl] PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky you, You can exceed to even bigger with your budget to up to 46 inch with this samsung model:> http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/460PXN?id=amUyZVPw&mv_pc=1790
Or this LG > http://www.techforless.com/...yZVPw&mv_pc=1787
I know quite a few resources in the U.S. not often advertize to the public and these sites are reliable for online ordering. Techforless often gives this huge savings. Im not saying it's a wiser decision for everyone. Product over being practical. it's your choice! since you put a spending bracket but i think you should consider, don't be skeptic if some you encounter may be open box or refurb from being opened.

denonjapan
made in japan

flemingdl
New User

Oct 7, 2008, 12:14 PM

Post #5 of 5 (15044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] PIP absent from most LCD TV's? Any good reasons? [In reply to] Can't Post

An Update: Finding Samsung to have by far the most models with a PIP feature which starts in their 40" size. It has nice features like 50/50 split screen, multiple source input (PC, cable, etc..). Having just a single tuner the obvious method for cable subscribers is to split the cable sending the split off to a VCR or DVD with tuner and use that source for PIP channel source. Well, mission Samsung is underway here...
Cheers

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)