Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Philips LCD TV Made loud bang noise screen goes blank and smell like something electrical is burning?

cardinal_hubby
New User

Nov 1, 2011, 9:23 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3008 views)
Shortcut
Philips LCD TV Made loud bang noise screen goes blank and smell like something electrical is burning? Can't Post

i turned on my phillips 47'' Philips LCD tv . Model 47pfl3603d f7 and then i heard a LOUD BANG noise and the screen goes blank and i smell like something electrical is burning ,but i still can change channels and i can hear the sound but no image.
Can someone please tell what`s wrong with it? is it an easy fix? and where i can get the part?
Thank you so much for your help..

Ram Rod
New User

Nov 21, 2011, 10:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cardinal_hubby] Philips LCD TV Made loud bang noise screen goes blank and smell like something electrical is burning? [In reply to] Can't Post

loud bang has been commonly associated with a resistor blowing...this may be caused by other bad components on the same board. maybe the circuit to the backlight inverters is bad on the main or power board. not sure how Phillips sets are made up. thing about a loud bang is that you should be able to see visual evidence once you open it up. good luck

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)