Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Philips US NTSC to Pal D

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 18, 2006, 11:02 AM

Post #1 of 23 (10043 views)
Shortcut
Philips US NTSC to Pal D Can't Post

Hi I am going to have to look at an American Philips wide screen LCD TV, sorry model numbrer not available as yet. Anyways the thing is 110V and NTSC. The voltage does not concern me as its easy to use a transformer. We are 50Hz, I doubt that will be an issue. Anyways I am sure Philips would design this to have a service or factory mode where you could change from NTSC to PAL. As we are PAL D. The D does not give me issues as I will require an external tuner so will be feeding AV. As its not RGB I will have no colour. Any assistance as to getting into the settings and changing from NTSC to PAL most graciously received, with thanks Rob

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 18, 2006, 1:19 PM

Post #2 of 23 (10037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Philips US NTSC to Pal D [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think there's switching Region selection necessary! It's automatic video detection once the signal is fed. My most concern right now is: Since you are going to use external transformer to upconvert the unit. I would really like to hear from you soon how does it not affect the video quality from the transformer........Just to make sure, beware of the policy in U.S. regarding International shipping arrangement, in case something would require you to return it.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 19, 2006, 7:51 AM

Post #3 of 23 (10028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Philips US NTSC to Pal D [In reply to] Can't Post

Im sorry you would have to edit that for me to understand. The TV works correctly on an NTC VCR at the moment on a 240 to 110V transformer, the only issue I have is the NTC VCR selects pal and transmits PAL on tuner so I get no colour. Other issues do not exist. As to sending the thing back to US, this defies logic, it aint broke so would be OK there, please understand the issue.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 20, 2006, 3:04 AM

Post #4 of 23 (10017 views)
Shortcut

Hi I am going to have to look at an American Philips wide screen LCD TV, sorry model numbrer not available as yet. Anyways the thing is 110V and NTSC. The voltage does not concern me as its easy to use a transformer. We are 50Hz, I doubt that will be an issue. Anyways I am sure Philips would design this to have a service or factory mode where you could change from NTSC to PAL. As we are PAL D. The D does not give me issues as I will require an external tuner so will be feeding AV. As its not RGB I will have no colour. Any assistance as to getting into the settings and changing from NTSC to PAL most graciously received, with thanks Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im aware that was your handwritting right? KINDLY read that again, when your response meant another >>>>about VCR? what issue????????

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 22, 2006, 6:43 AM

Post #5 of 23 (10005 views)
Shortcut

Take number two. A Philips LCD from the USA is being used in a country using Pal D . The tuner is incorrect for here as we require VHF/ UHF. Which is no issue as the customer has a VCR that has the requirements to play pal or NTSC. The issue is if the tuner selects Pal it outputs NTSC not Pal and there is no colour. Philips I am aware create chips for the world, This unit should be able to select factory mode and play in PAL, the tuner being useless I would then use the VCR to tune and play through AV. MY ISSUE IS AV AT THE MOMENT IS IN NTSC.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 23, 2006, 12:24 AM

Post #6 of 23 (10000 views)
Shortcut

Most LCD's today, like I have said earlier are worldwide compliant in any sources. I Can't further help you without a model nos to which you're intending for purchase. If I were you, PHILLIPS isn't my strong recommendation for an LCD.......However your worries? bout NTSC MONITOR to PAL is a slim issue. Here's some listing (below) I have seen in the U.S. check them out!
http://www.220-electronics.com/tv/lcd.htm
My most concern right now is:>to input a PAL VCR to the LCD (poor choice!) . Does your VCR has atleast > S-VIDEO OUT? if not! forget about it!

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 23, 2006, 7:22 AM

Post #7 of 23 (9997 views)
Shortcut

Please try to understand, I am a pro fixer. I could not give 2 hoots as to what the customer has. He has a Philips ( L X 1) which is from the USA which works on a VCR, his TV plays NTSC from the VCR, OK, The VCR selects channels and plays on a local TV ok but on the TV as it can only play on AV it plays on Pal in an NTSC TV. If this suggests difficulty for you to comprehend, why bother. I have tried to explain, obviously the concept eludes you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 23, 2006, 12:45 PM

Post #8 of 23 (9995 views)
Shortcut

The concept of you lying,> is something I DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL!. First! you pretend to have the problem and NOW!> you are a pro fixer tries to help a costumer!.......... which one?.....You came into the forum and What? have no idea to tell the costumer instead of being honest about it?...............You said:'The VCR selects channels and plays on a local TV ok but on the TV as it can only play on AV it plays on Pal in an NTSC TV'. >>>>>>>do you know why? if this bother's you how would you explain to your poor costumer longing for answers then I tell you! ( it plays ok cause he's referring to an analog television). The reason I DISAGREE about LCD with VCR is simply bec. the VCR (256 scan lines )cannot OUTPUT same resolution or atleast to match the resolution of an LCD. Is this theory so hectic to your profession?Sly if so! jesus! find another!.............. It's a shame you call yourself a PRO?...However! I will take that elude translation as a compliment, thank god! if it wasn't your ignorance?. we ain't moving any better!.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 24, 2006, 3:10 AM)

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 24, 2006, 8:00 AM

Post #9 of 23 (9983 views)
Shortcut

Please forget me, You can not comprehend what the issue is and so think there are lies being told. A VCR may self select PAL or NTSC. if it selects PAL it converts its AV and RF to PAL. So if the RF is PAL the AV is PAL ( IT IS NOT RGB. IT IS A COMPOSITE SIGNAL REQUIRING DECODING) PLEASE try to get this into your head. THE TV does not select local channels ( NO LOCAL RF) as such it requires a tuner ( THE VCR) now the AV to the TV is PAL. ALL I WISH IS THE CODE TO GET INTO FACTORY MODE and replace the TV NTSC to PAL. Being an X Philips TEC I know there is a method, If you have no idea, why piss me off with crap. If you dont uderstand the concept, why bother. To start to call me a liar is silly, you dont understand and need spoon fed. I am too old to start to teach you electronics, I trained in monochrome days where the best had spot wobblers, when you work that out, call me.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 24, 2006, 1:01 PM

Post #10 of 23 (9978 views)
Shortcut

"A VCR may self select PAL or NTSC. if it selects PAL it converts its AV and RF to PAL. So if the RF is PAL the AV is PAL ( IT IS NOT RGB.SlySly IT IS A COMPOSITE SIGNAL REQUIRING DECODING) PLEASE try to get this into your head.Sly THE TV does not select local channels ( NO LOCAL RF) as such it requires a tuner ( THE VCR) now the AV to the TV is PAL. ALL I WISH IS THE CODE TO GET INTO FACTORY MODE and replace the TV NTSC to PAL.SlySlySlySlySlySlySly'>>>> did you missed your meds? there's no such thing! SlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlySlyget well soon!. follow your doctor's order!

denonjajpan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 24, 2006, 11:57 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 25, 2006, 8:24 AM

Post #11 of 23 (9959 views)
Shortcut

Please dont reply to me any more. I understand your comprehension of English may not be as good as can be expected, but your understanding of a concept in electronics is just as bad. I Explicitly said it played back in PAL and not RGB, if you cant comprehend that please dont try to look more foolish. In a nutshell I have an Exclusive (as per its set up) NTSC TV and a VCR which manually selects systems but input is the same as output. I need a gender bender in the VCR or a code for the TV. As the gender bender does not exist I require the method to change the TV from NTSC 60Hz to PAL 50HZ. If this confuses you DO NOT REPLY.

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 26, 2006, 12:34 AM

Post #12 of 23 (9954 views)
Shortcut

I've been in the service menu's of a few Philips LCD sets and I've never seen any type of PAL settings you could get to to change. That would have to be programmed into the software and if the set is to be sold in the US they normally wouldn't bother.

(This post was edited by MOtvGuy on Oct 26, 2006, 12:34 AM)

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 26, 2006, 9:31 AM

Post #13 of 23 (9948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Philips US NTSC to Pal D [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes The TV is a 30PF9946 area code 37. Doing more work on this it seems this model is exclusive to USA. there are other area code 30PF9946 with mains voltage 110 to 240V but this one is exclusive 110V. as such I believe it has been reduced from a global TV to a USA TV so may not have the facility of the UK or Austral Asian TVs but thanks for your input.

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 27, 2006, 10:23 AM

Post #14 of 23 (9941 views)
Shortcut

Also for the Japanese guy Pal is 365 lines so NTSC at 265 has one line in 3 duplicated to facilitate the scanning of the TV. What I was interested in was some sort of VCR which could convert an RF signal from Pal to NTSC. Many VCRs will convert the tape to Pal or NTSC but not the RF. As a tuner is required it seems that the machine to do this does not exsist. I am now looking into a computer module to see if a chuck out pentium 3 with an RF card may do the job.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 27, 2006, 3:26 PM

Post #15 of 23 (9938 views)
Shortcut

UNfortunately, Im worried to those who's reading this! cause beleive me! the older you got the dumber you'd become!!!!.....LCD and VCR is a NO NO NO match!.......Listen again! unless your VCR has S-VIDEO out!....then you don't need to worry about the LCD do the regional conversion.........quote " Many VCRs will convert the tape to Pal or NTSC but not the RF"> wrong again!> any VCR will output from the tape same way with the RF. if doesn't work with tape, surely so with the RF............but let me remind you again! YOU HAVE TO HAVE ATLEAST S-VIDEO out from the VCR! to compensate the LCD. > NOT A STUPID CODE!

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 29, 2006, 11:19 AM

Post #16 of 23 (9929 views)
Shortcut

Unfortunately you still can not grasp the concept. The TV is NTSC on 525 lines Pal is 625 lines. Now many VCRs will convert NTSC tapes to PAL if that function is selected. But if I set the VCR to NTSC I can not hitch an antenna to it and feed a pal signal in. What I require is a form of Gender bender where i can select Pal RF and NTSC output on AV, that I have yet to see. That I can play Pal tapes or NTSC tapes is not an issue regardless of what form of output AV takes. Please understand all I want to do is run a PAL tuner on an NTSC TV at a reasonable cost, I suspect there is no unit able to do this manufactured as it would be a rare need.So please stop being aggresive and try to see the issue.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 29, 2006, 2:33 PM

Post #17 of 23 (9926 views)
Shortcut

If you don't mind me asking, Are you schizophrenic?Sly
denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 30, 2006, 11:01 AM

Post #18 of 23 (9916 views)
Shortcut

I have so much tried to be polite to you and have received insults and abuse. Your comprehension of my issue is limited and as I have a method of doing a conversion which I am sure is beyond you I dont need your advice, your insults or your pitiful attempts to make others feel small. Once sir you understand your subject, perhaps you will see your folly, Im sure till then you will continue to insult and demean others in your attempt to look better than you are. Grow up.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 2, 2006, 8:55 AM

Post #19 of 23 (9897 views)
Shortcut

1.)I have so much tried to be polite to you and have receive insults and abuse. > twisted stories do not represent POLITENESS and if you were slapped back by your action isn't an insult nor abuse, you are lucky to be informed. schizophrenia does existed both your converted world.

2.)Your comprehension of my issue is limited and as I have method of doing conversion which im sure is beyond you>, My comprehension to your issues represents UNCERTAINTY!

3)I don't need your advice, your insults or your pitiful attempts to make other's feel small. Once sir you understand your subject, perhaps you will see your folly,( folly! what is this!) Im sure till then you will continue to insult an demeam others your attempt to look better than you are.> NO, do not generalize this conversation to OTHER's as if you want to gain sympathy from someone to be on your side. Your will to explore into darkness should require you a guiding light and is!> simply my prevention from widespread infection you might contain anyone to do same thing. you can't demean anyone who already demeaned themselves, only if they convinced they're SO!. and this reflects specially for YOU!

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Nov 4, 2006, 3:42 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 2, 2006, 10:34 AM

Post #20 of 23 (9892 views)
Shortcut

I appreciate you have no idea as to my problem, I have a Philips TV exported from USA and the customer wishes to play it in a country that uses VHF/UHF on PAL BG with sound IF of 5.5Mhz. He has moved country as he lost his job in USA and could not stay as his pension was not enough. Here our social situation is better and he came home. (also got a job) Now he wants his $2000 to work. Is this hard to comprehend. If so drop it. You dont know the answer so why give me your grief and bad spelling. Sure if I look back there is the odd place I said NTSC where it should be Pal, etc so what, and what is this underlining and reposting what I wrote, OK you may not use English as your first language and your mistakes are OK but my English is not my weak subject, if you can not comprehend it, it is your issue, so perhaps a dictionary or phrase book may help. But please get off my back, you spell and phrase poorly so do not look like the bright spark you wish to portray and have never given one good reason why you answered my post as you do not know. I can get a PAL to NTSC converter from Canada and the UK and use a local VCR as the tuner feeding AV to the converter. That was the answer I needed, not the crap you send.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 2, 2006, 2:39 PM

Post #21 of 23 (9888 views)
Shortcut

What part you didn't understand ?you raised a question DID NOT EXIST? you didn't understand YOUR OWN minds QUESTION! Tell me this! WHAT GOOD will do?!...You worry so much about my english and what? my spelling? are you serious? the only language you have, YOU CANT EVEN CHOOSE THE RIGHT WORD, MUCH LESS USE IT IN THE RIGHT GRAMMAR.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Nov 2, 2006, 2:53 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 3, 2006, 6:57 AM

Post #22 of 23 (9880 views)
Shortcut

May I correct you. First didn’t is incorrect its don’t. Then to be correct, “which did not exist.” As this is a statement the question mark is incorrect as it’s not a question. Now didn’t again, try don’t. My minds question, begs the question who else’s mind could it be? Next should be “what good will this do. Here it is a question, so it’s a question, why have the exclamation mark. As I told you, your grammar was shocking. Now there is this “and what”. That is but a fart in the midst of things, does nothing but relieve your gas. You cant even chose the correct word is far better. The change of case is always an error, it suggests you are trying to impress with bulk rather than content. Please do not try your silly “take downs” in English, I edit in English and half my income is by doing so. On the net I do a faster version which may have required checking, so what. Any idiot looking at the question understands I have an NTSC TV in a PAL BG country. I have now finished with you, I find you a smart mouthed moron and I see no point in wasting time on you any more. So do your dash sonny I’m not going to reply and leave it to the reader to decide who the moron actually is. With common sense you will do likewise, but I doubt that.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 3, 2006, 3:53 PM

Post #23 of 23 (9872 views)
Shortcut

rrobor to be honest? my impression to you now is an absolute PSYCHO!............Understand the best you can what Im telling you cause, In electronics? It's never going to be easy for you to understand. Learn how to choose your BATTLES cause I don't need to remind you again....I maybe reading the a slightly good schizophrenic side of yours but you definitely needs a doctor for some tweaking. do join with gearguy in the U.S. they have good reliable doctors over there. Do not attempt with gearguy's giving advices in REPAIR cause no good english will make that happen. Sly

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)