Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Please help with Sony KDL-46XBR3 LCD TV

SFBayArea33
New User

Sep 20, 2006, 9:20 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1607 views)
Shortcut
Please help with Sony KDL-46XBR3 LCD TV Can't Post

Hi, I am new member on this forum. I purchased and finally recieved my Sony KDL-46XBR3 LCD TV. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has this TV and can help me configure better quality picture.
Before this Sony I had 43" Pioneer Plasma (which I bought a year ago, so it is somewhat outdated technology), and I trully think that my previous TV- Pioneer had a much better picture quality then this new Sony.
I was wondering if there is any tricks that I can apply to the setting to make the quality of the picture better?
For instance, I read on the Cnet review that one of the user found this
"there's a room light sensor on the front panel to dim the picture in a dark room and brighten the picture in a lighted room. Once I turned this feature off, picture brightness was outstanding all the time."
However, I cannot find this feature or how to turn it off on my TV. Any help would be really appreciated.
thanks

techchris
Veteran

Sep 21, 2006, 1:29 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SFBayArea33] Please help with Sony KDL-46XBR3 LCD TV [In reply to] Can't Post

you dont say what the problem is.you cant compare different makes or systems and expect them to be the same as each other.Not all models have all features so maybe yours doesnt have auto brightness facility.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)