Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Polaroid 4241-TLXB Does not turn on

al1therock
New User

Jul 12, 2010, 4:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3302 views)
Shortcut
Polaroid 4241-TLXB Does not turn on Can't Post

I just got this Polaroid 4241-TLXB about to months ago from a pawn shop, cuz it was a very cheap price at the time, but anyway it doesn't turn on now. The red standby light is on but TV will not power on. I had a TV tech look at it and said I had power going through it so it wasn't the power supply and that it had to be the signal board "whatever that is" so I was just looking for a second opinion and also if anyone knows where can I purchase a signal board for this TV Model? Can anyone Help? Thanx.

becyn
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 1:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [al1therock] Polaroid 4241-TLXB Does not turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

Without doing a diagnostic it's very hard to second guess someone else.
If you have confidence and trust the shop you are dealing with , then go with what he says.
It is plausible that the signal board (like a computer motherboard) is the problem. I have seen various faults in these.

also, poloroid is not a traditional kind of company that has much in the way of facilities except in China. Parts are often hard to come by.

We have our sources, though, so it's not impossible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit McVey Electronics for TV Repair!

al1therock
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 6:05 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [becyn] Polaroid 4241-TLXB Does not turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanx. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem with this TV. The TV tech I found on Craigslist so thats why I was asking as well. I appreciate it

al1therock
New User

Jul 18, 2010, 6:51 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3267 views)
Shortcut

Ok, so now the guy that was fixing my tv tells me he's still waiting on the part, but assures me its not the power supply, but I checked up on the signal board and that to me doesn't look like that would be the problem. Can it be the T-con Board? Any info would help thanx.

tan123
New User

Jul 22, 2010, 6:06 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3257 views)
Shortcut

Hi al1therock,

I would suggest you just take it to some reliable service center and diagnose the problem.
Might be some kind of guarantee is available on this Polaroid product.

Thanks.
Best LCD Reviews
sony dash review

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)