Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Poor picture quality

qelery
New User

Dec 25, 2007, 6:21 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2525 views)
Shortcut
Poor picture quality Can't Post

I just got a new 15" Toshiba HDTV LCD. Playing video games on it or viewing DVDs gives you amazing picture. You see don't notice the pixels, the colors are great, and you get great detail. We have Comcast Digital cable. Viewing cable programs look worse on this new LCD TV than it did on the old TV. Certain channels look about the same, but most look worse. The colors look oily and seem to "run", the liquid crystals seem to jump out at you, you get LESS details, and you have to be about 12' away from the TV to see a clearer picture. What can I do?

I don't know the name of the it, but I'm using the standard black cable that you screw into the back of the TV.

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 26, 2007, 1:47 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qelery] Poor picture quality [In reply to] Can't Post

Does your cable box have any other means of signal output like Composite video or S video jacks?

qelery
New User

Dec 26, 2007, 3:20 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Poor picture quality [In reply to] Can't Post

It has both. I was using a coaxial cable before.

(This post was edited by qelery on Dec 26, 2007, 4:58 AM)

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 26, 2007, 11:44 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2512 views)
Shortcut

I would try using one of the other outputs on the cable box and not the RF connection and see if what the difference in picture quality is.

Camlawnman
New User

Dec 30, 2007, 12:12 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2499 views)
Shortcut

Depending on your house when it was wired you could have an old style rg cable RG-6 is the best cable for distributing signals from a rooftop antenna, cable TV service or satellite dish. Compare that with older RG-59 cable, which permits signal leakage due to its inferior shielding, and there's no comparison.or you could try adjusting the settings.on my rca 26"lcd i use normal and natural preset settings before the picture was to bright and red.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 18, 2008, 6:10 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2453 views)
Shortcut

I don't blame you noticing signals sources from analog enhanced into digital. if you are considering the tv tuner as a problem, it is not. do you think if somehow the cable shielding contributed the leak signal causing the picture to bleed? IT IS NOT!. Those certain programs you thought worse in the tv are old and recorded in analog. Your comcast digital signal has nothing to do with upconversion when poor recording is originally meant for analog tv. therefore it looks good where the resolution is compared to your old tv. Since your tv is too small to fit all good processors unlike larger displays or Plasma displays. Should you understand, when you bought your tv. Flat panels are offered for the future mainly digital. Backward compatibility is not a focus on todays screens. Let's get moving!!!!!!!!!!!!

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)