Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Prima 32" LCD / HD TV - Model LC32U16

marif
New User

Sep 27, 2006, 2:56 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6274 views)
Shortcut
Prima 32" LCD / HD TV - Model LC32U16 Can't Post

Folks: I recently bought the TV. Connected to the regular TV cable. When I flip channels, I notice a delay when the TV channel advances from the current channel to the next one, to the extent that (on some channels) the current channel pictures freeze for 1 second or so, until it goes to the next channel.
Anyone help diagnose what could be wrong.

techchris
Veteran

Sep 27, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marif] Prima 32" LCD / HD TV - Model LC32U16 [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt if this is a fault .its just got a slow microprocessor which controls all functions.All part of the cheap Chinese takeover of all things electronic.Dont worry about it

marif
New User

Sep 27, 2006, 6:14 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Prima 32" LCD / HD TV - Model LC32U16 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx TechChris. Just bought it yesterday. Did not buy extended warranty - Hope that the slow processor, does not mean crappy processor that would crap out early.
I went back to the place I bought, and tried changing channels on the display model and it acted the same way, so was releaved that it is not just my piece. Then I spoke to the sales guy, and he said exactly the same things as what you said.
Cheers.

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 14, 2006, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marif] Prima 32" LCD / HD TV - Model LC32U16 [In reply to] Can't Post

That Prima/Advent/Insignia is a bottom of the line LCD set that people are scarfing up just to say they've got an LCD TV. That's normal operation but it's too bad you didn't invest in the extended warranty, I can promise you you'll probably need it. <br>

(This post was edited by MOtvGuy on Oct 14, 2006, 10:37 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)