Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Problem verses Solution

forces
New User

Jan 31, 2009, 6:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1209 views)
Shortcut
Problem verses Solution Can't Post

I do not know if a problem is here or not, or maybe it is just that I am only three weeks new to ever owning a nice 46" Sanyo LCD. This problem I have can be a true problem or as simple as, because I'm not understanding the features correctly. Here is the problem I am experiencing... When I first bought my new set three weeks ago, I was able to use the menu functions. In fact, all the features of the menu functions - I since then purchased a DVR box for high definition capabilities and now, my menu shows unavailable for 1) Manual Channel search, 2) Channel Scan Memory 3) Digital Caption and V-guild, but shows available for the rest. This is getting me perplexed because, if I have these features, shouldn't they be available regardless, or it is just because of the high definition box that I am using with HDMI cable hook-up? Yeah, I'm new to the LCD screen world. I never owned one before. Is this a typical thing to expect with hooking a high def and DVR capabilities to the T.V. or my T.V went South with some of its features? Help... Thanks

Unsure

zip
User

Feb 1, 2009, 11:29 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [forces] Problem verses Solution [In reply to] Can't Post

normal results.

forces
New User

Feb 2, 2009, 2:50 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zip] Problem verses Solution [In reply to] Can't Post

I kind of thought this already. I want to be sure though. Thanks for the info...

joepeeps68
New User

Feb 4, 2009, 3:56 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [forces] Problem verses Solution [In reply to] Can't Post

Switch to Component Video Cables instead of the HDMI. The signal is 1080i not 1080p so you will not see any difference in picture quality. Also the boxes on cable or satelite have trouble with HDMI someimes due to the variable signal. I had problem on my cable box. I went to Westfair TV in Fairfield CT and they suggest this. I tried it and it worked for me. This should solve your problem. Hope it works for you like it did for me.

forces
New User

Feb 7, 2009, 12:00 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joepeeps68] Problem verses Solution [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, thanks for the information. Yeah, from 1080i to 1080p, there is not a whole lot of difference. I will try that cable hook up and go from there. Again, thanks for your response and info...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)