Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Problem with sony

Bubble
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 2:55 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4853 views)
Shortcut
Problem with sony Can't Post

Hello i have a sony kdf 55xs955 tv with a sony dvpns975v dvd player connected through hdmi to hdmi cable. I am not happy with the quality at points it is very grainy and doing things i have never seen. I was watching finding nemo and all the fish like nemo and marlin had like blue bubbles around them. Plus text looks very weird and credits like in the begning of spider man 2 look very grainy. I have a monster Hdmi to Hdmi cable on the way but i got impatient and bought a radio shack one to test out hdmi i was a little worried because the cable was very thin and with this cable i experienced the problem then i hooked the tv and dvd player up with a crappy component video cable and noticed not much of a difference the dvd player up converted to 1080 with hdmi with component it was only at 480 and i saw little difference. Then i thought maybe it could have been my dvd player so i hooked up my other dvd player which is also a sony (hooked it up with component) and it looked the same. Could the problem be that the radio shack cable couldent handle it or is there something wrong with my tv?

Klein
New User

Apr 12, 2005, 5:54 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bubble] Problem with sony [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I am not viewing your problems first hand, having the extensive use with sony LCD products that I do. I sincerely doubt that your TV is your problem. LCD is a technology that has a slightly slower response time in comparison to a DLP tv. But sony is traditionally very good at this. My first thought would be WHY are you using a crappy RadioShack Cable with a beautiful tv and DVD player like that. You should know that your picture will only be as good as the cable you use. The best thing you can do to make sure that you get the best picture possible is use proper cables. I always reccomend Monster cables. If you go to their website there is tons of information/testimonials from customers that couldn't believe the difference that a simple cable can make. I hope everything turns out OK for you.

-Klein

------------------------------------------
"When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges."
-Jack Handey

tonymich
New User

Apr 28, 2005, 9:07 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bubble] Problem with sony [In reply to] Can't Post

Your problem is not your cables. It's just the source material. You DO NOT need Monster Cable. Big waste of money. Good quality cables can be bought and used for 1/4 of the price.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)