Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
RCA L32HD31

maverickr
User

Nov 10, 2009, 7:40 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5282 views)
Shortcut
RCA L32HD31 Can't Post

This tv works fine except when it powers on, the language setting dialogue box pops up on the screen and i can't get it to remove. The remote will not function with the tv. Does this model have some type of lock feature or parental control feature that may be enabled and causing the problem?

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 11, 2009, 7:58 AM

Post #2 of 4 (5279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] RCA L32HD31 [In reply to] Can't Post

http://tv.rca.com/...31_E001A_IB_e-08.pdf

A couple of things out of the above manual for your TV that might be helpful...of course only reading through the whole manual will show you all the set is capable of.

Manual Reset
The Manual Reset is used to reset the remote settings to default.
Note: The reset can also be accomplished by replacing the batteries; however replacing the batteries
does not always cause a reset. You can perform a manual reset by following these steps:
1. On your remote control, simultaneously press the V-Chip, ON & OFF and MUTE buttons.
2. The CANCEL button will blink slowly to indicate success, and the remote control returns to normal
operation.

I don't remember my password and I want to unlock the TV.
If you forget your password, turn the TV off. Simultaneously press and hold VOL UP on the side panel
and CANCEL on the remote for 10 seconds. Next time you enter the Parental Control Menu, enter a
new password.

What Else Can I Do?
If you've been through the Troubleshooting section and nothing has fixed your problem, try rebooting
your TV. Note that after a reboot, you may need to run your TV through the setup process again. To do
a reboot, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet or power strip. Keep your TV unplugged for about
5 minutes. Then plug in the TV and turn it on. See if the problem is fixed. If the problem remains, then
please click on the Customer Support Menu at www.rca.com/television for updated FAQs or contact RCA
Customer Support at the support number provided in your Warranty under How To Get Service.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 12, 2009, 4:03 AM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 12, 2009, 2:18 AM

Post #3 of 4 (5274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] RCA L32HD31 [In reply to] Can't Post

do you mean a close caption is on? LOL, That's not a tv problem! first you have to have the remote control working to disable that or else you stucked. I know you said it's not working but it's the only way to get into the menu...try any rca tv remote, it should work.

denonjapan
made in japan

maverickr
User

Nov 12, 2009, 2:36 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA L32HD31 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks jt, will give it a shot. No denon, the closed caption is not on!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)