Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
RCA L46WD22- Not a good situation

deltadart
New User

Jul 10, 2008, 10:25 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4061 views)
Shortcut
RCA L46WD22- Not a good situation Can't Post

Not being very picky I bought this television at our local WalMart last July 21,2007. Hung it on the wall and I was satisfied until March. Then one day the picture and sound went out. Still under warranty it has been in the shop since March 31st. Here it is July and i'm still waiting for a new television. The problem is there is a certain part that is breaking in most of these televisions and they(RCA)has no spare parts. So they tell me I will get a new television but they have no television to give me and they can't even give me a date when a new shipment will arrive. I have contacted them 12 times(this has been verified) and the only thing that they tell me is a new television is on back order. Told them to just refund my money but they say they can't do that. Don't you think I've waited long(March 31)enough? If you were in my situation what would you do? I would like to know. Many thanks!

zip
User

Jul 12, 2008, 8:54 PM

Post #2 of 7 (4050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deltadart] RCA L46WD22- Not a good situation [In reply to] Can't Post

RCA has gotten to be very slow replaceing tv's, The problem with this tv's is just a fuse has gone out it is located near the tuner an very easy fix and 10 cent part. or if you would have purched the tv at a local dealer he would be of great help, but you get exactly what you payed for at walmart, sorry!

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 23, 2008, 3:43 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3987 views)
Shortcut

So you had the tv for nearly ONE year and it broke under your the warranty?. Im not sure if that's a very smart move considering You did bought the replacement warranty under wallmart. You didn't mention how much/month/year. Normally, I wouldn't recommend buying warranties from a retailers but wallmart's shitty like they have wouldn't make any difference....
Anyhow, wallmart has no control over their obligations and to your anxiety. And wallmart would have substitute you a temporary tv while waiting for your tv to arrive if the circumstances happens between the 30-90 days period. Most authorized dealers often do that. Replacement issues is under the Manufacturer's warranty a litle to over a year is a decision to substitute the original model into newer if the previous model is no longer in production. Calling Wallmart isn't going to help you any easier other than patience. Asking them to refund your money is totally ridiculous cause your situation now is fighting your paid replacement warranty against the manufacturer. So, wallmart has nothing to do with it basically except living with you of those terms stated in the warranty. Aggravation isn't one of them so all you got to do is wait....Wallmart has passed, they got their butt off from you to be exact, be as nice as you are while accompanying you claiming your only rights directly to the manufacturer. who knows! wallmart maybe even nicer to let you get what you want over the value of your tv now and if they ask you to pay a litle difference than just go ahead...My only advice to you if that happens having costumer's rights? be smart next time!!!!

denonjapan
made in japan

deltadart
New User

Aug 24, 2008, 4:10 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] RCA L46WD22- Not a good situation [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the facts. I hope you can follow. Bought RCA LCD television July 21,2007. It broke in March 2008. It broke under the 1 year RCA factory warranty. Television has been at the repair shop since March 31,2008. As of today RCA has not done one thing to fix OR replace my television. WALMART has nothing to do with this situation. So I did not have the television for nearly a year. I had it from July of 2007 to March 2008. That is only 8 months which is 4 months shy of 1 year. The television had a 1 year factory warranty and I was told by RCA that a part could not be found so they would replace my television. That was in April. Here it is late August and after numerous calls to RCA i'm still being told the new television is on back order. My television has been at the repair shop for almost 5 months.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 24, 2008, 4:39 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3979 views)
Shortcut

I heard you! ok this time I advice you to talk to the wallmart's manager and let them help you with your situation, They're the only one who can voice out your concern with RCA as they carry their products. You wouldn't thought of having the warranty if it weren't their PUSHING in the 1st place right? and trust me! part your payment went to the sales rep in-charged, commissioned at the time of your purchased. I tell you this cause that's how it works. Also, next time you call RCA? let them know and you will call BBB better business bureau. keep all your receipts, copy of the contract in case you will be advice to do so. take care1

denonjapan
made in japan

deltadart
New User

Aug 24, 2008, 2:41 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] RCA L46WD22- Not a good situation [In reply to] Can't Post

Walmart has nothing to do with the warranty work. This has nothing to do with the Walmart extended warranty. The warranty is still under the manufacter(RCA) warranty. Have already contacted BBB(RCA would not even respond to them)and the state attorney general who suggested that I take RCA to small claims court.

MOtvGuy
User

Sep 6, 2008, 1:53 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3941 views)
Shortcut

The fuse fix, as stated earlier, is for loss of sound only. It's possible you've had a main board failure or a failure of the LCD panel itself. Ever since RCA was basically taken over by a Chinese conglomerate their parts situation has gone completely into the crapper. I would advise talking with your Walmart store manager to rectify this situation.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)