Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Testing Sony LCD TV boards after power surge

cholmes28
New User

Aug 2, 2018, 10:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3082 views)
Shortcut
Testing Sony LCD TV boards after power surge Can't Post

I have a Sony XBR-65X850E LCD tv, and I am trying to test to see which board was damaged in a recent storm/power surge. I have already tested the power coming into the power board, and the fuse. I tried to test the stby power (3.6v) on the power board but not sure I was testing the correct pin, as it seems to be covered by a metal plate. It did not ready any volts. I don't know if I need to replace power or main board. Any advice on how to tell which is bad?

(This post was edited by cholmes28 on Aug 3, 2018, 12:09 AM)

cholmes28
New User

Aug 7, 2018, 1:57 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cholmes28] Testing Sony LCD TV boards after power surge [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I post this in the wrong place? I tried posting in the Repair forum, but for some reason, I am not authorized to do that (the button is not active). If I need to post this somewhere else, please let me know. I just figured that someone would be able to guide me on testing procedures to determine which board is causing the issue, so I don't have to replace both of them. Thx!

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 7, 2018, 7:10 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cholmes28] Testing Sony LCD TV boards after power surge [In reply to] Can't Post

STBY3.3V equals CN6401 pin # 5 (J55 - if I traced foil on backside of board photo correctly). NO metal 'plate' obstructing that I can see.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)