Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Toshiba 32AV613DG - Help with diagnostic

imGomez
New User

Sep 17, 2018, 2:30 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3265 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 32AV613DG - Help with diagnostic Can't Post

The image is intermittent, appears fine for a few seconds then appears glitched for another few seconds, this goes on for about half an hour, sometimes longer, then the issue disappears and the image is fine until the TV is turned off and left off for a while. After that the problem manifests itself again.

Here's a video of the issue in case I wasn't very clear.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/78q3BzdAeaVs7Qtc6

I already replaced the t-con board with one that (reportedly) was working fine so I suppose it could be bad capacitors, is there anything else that could be causing this?

(This post was edited by imGomez on Sep 17, 2018, 2:39 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 17, 2018, 4:32 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imGomez] Toshiba 32AV613DG - Help with diagnostic [In reply to] Can't Post

Does it do this on other Inputs beside HDMI?
IF set does this at the same rate regardless of which Input is being used, I'd guess Main board.

-------------------------

imGomez
New User

Sep 17, 2018, 4:38 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Toshiba 32AV613DG - Help with diagnostic [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, even without input it does this, and if it doesn't have any input, it will stay like this forever but if it has an input, it eventually starts displaying normally.

Assuming it is the mainboard but given that after "heating up" it starts working like expected, is there a possibility that it is a bad capacitor somewhere on the mainboard?

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 17, 2018, 5:09 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3248 views)
Shortcut

I'm asking if it does it with Composite, Component, PC or Antenna/Cable signals, to determine if it occurs on more than just your one (HDMI1/HDMI2) or none (NO Input signal) method.

Or a bad solder on a BGA IC.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 17, 2018, 5:18 PM)

imGomez
New User

Sep 17, 2018, 7:24 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3237 views)
Shortcut

It does it with Composite, HDMI and without signal, the other inputs I haven't tested and unfortunately have no way of testing.

But just like I said, after a while of the TV being turned on with input, the image turns normal but if it doesn't have any input, then it stays glitched indefinitely, the "timer" for it to start working without issues only is triggered when there is any input coming into the TV.

Another thing that might be helpful to mention is that there's some devices that I own that can't actually get the TV to stabilize and work normally, perhaps because of a weak signal?

Per example, my PlayStation 2 can on component video, my operator's IPTV box can on HDMI, along with my Raspberry Pi 2 / 3B+ but on the other hand, my MAG 256 can't, it could be plugged in for 3 hours straight but the TV won't display normally as opposed to the other ones that after about half an hour can get the TV to display normally.
Maybe that helps with troubleshooting the cause?

Thanks for the help and sorry if my wording is making it difficult to understand.

(This post was edited by imGomez on Sep 17, 2018, 7:26 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 17, 2018, 7:42 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3233 views)
Shortcut

You could try taking the cover/shield off the BGA IC on the Main board. Heat with hair dryer to see if affects timing. After the sets off awhile, pre-heat IC and see if it stabilizes faster once you turn it on,

imGomez
New User

Sep 17, 2018, 9:00 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3230 views)
Shortcut

Alright, sounds easy enough. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it's effective.

Thank you very much for the help!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)