Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LCD Resolutions? / I need Help please.

javort
New User

Dec 12, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2453 views)
Shortcut
LCD Resolutions? / I need Help please. Can't Post

Hi there... maybe someone can help me. I'm not that aware of all the advances and techno info. My son's video games TV went out. So I decided to give him mine and buy a 20" LCD for my room to save on space. It is not HD. The resolutions are 800 x 600. I have it connected to the cable on the wall with coax. Most channels look "washed-out" or like "shadows". I tried with a DVD and the regular 3 cables (red, white and yellow) and it looks better but not much. I tried it in my living room with my digital cable box and it still looks the same. I don't know if the poor quality is the brand or just this one TV that is not working good. I tried changing contrast and sharpness and everything else and still looks the same.

Before I go back to the store to get my money back... Is this a normal problem with this resolution? Will a much higher resolution fix this problem even if it is connected to normal cable in the wall with Coax?

Any help or information will be great. Thanks Cool

(This post was edited by javort on Dec 12, 2005, 9:22 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 16, 2005, 3:04 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [javort] LCD Resolutions? / I need Help please. [In reply to] Can't Post

800 x 600 is no such thing! Although, the resolutions you stated may become 840 x 480 resolutions which is no bearing to your problem as far as poor displaying capability is concerned.

The problem your encountering is due to poor choice of input you choose on your connections. that's insufficient!

Use your COMPONENT input (red, blue, and green ) not the analog (yellow).

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)