Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Apex Digital LD4688 wont stay on

lamxbc
New User

Jan 25, 2016, 3:41 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3883 views)
Shortcut
Apex Digital LD4688 wont stay on Can't Post

I have a 46" apex digital tv model LD4688 and it wont stay on. This is what happens: when i turn the tv on, it takes a few seconds until the screen displays but it only splashes the screen and then turns off, but the power button is still solid blue. I have pulled the back off and looked for the backlights and the back lights only turn on then immediately off about .7 seconds after the tv is turned on. I tried the flashlight test and there is absolutely no picture. I cant test any sound because I do not own cable and cant figure out what button im pressing on the menu to even try. I just replaced the master backlight converter board and the issue is still the same. I dont know too much about electronics but im pretty certain that all of the capacitors are all fine on both other boards. If you guys could help me out that would be amazing, if you need any other info just ask and i will reply fairly quickly.

lamxbc
New User

Jan 26, 2016, 3:22 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lamxbc] Apex Digital LD4688 wont stay on [In reply to] Can't Post

I was l paying around a little with the tv and tried to take the connector from the t-con board off and when i did that, the tv still acts the same minus the video portion that showed HDMI 1 in the top left wasnt there. The tvs back lights still came on for a split second and then shut off. Is this a possible main power supply problem?

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 26, 2016, 4:09 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lamxbc] Apex Digital LD4688 wont stay on [In reply to] Can't Post

Which boards are in YOUR set? http://www.shopjimmy.com/apex/ld4688

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)