Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sharp LCD picture seems dark

redhawk13
New User

Sep 11, 2007, 4:03 AM

Post #1 of 14 (6328 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LCD picture seems dark Can't Post

I recently purchased a 52" Sharp LCD and after about a week I noticed the picture seems dark. Is it normal to run these TVs with the backlight, contrast, and brightness levels pretty high?

Backlight is maxed
Contrast is +32
Brightness is +16

At these setting the picture looks pretty bright, though I havent seen what it looks like during the day. I am fearful of running this TV in "blow up mode" 24/7.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 11, 2007, 4:58 AM

Post #2 of 14 (6322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redhawk13] Sharp LCD picture seems dark [In reply to] Can't Post

if the TV is one week old, i don't seem to fault the unit except what's showing. if the picture rather too dark to you at normal settings. It's not normal to have it all maxed in order to satisfy your viewing convenience. I suggest have your eyes check before blaming the tv. Running the LCD in that settings doesn't blow up but will cut less the tv lifespan intended in all aspect. you shouldn't max the backlight if the brightness is +16. or You can simply return and exchange the tv while store policy still in effect.

denonjapan
made in japan

redhawk13
New User

Sep 11, 2007, 5:39 AM

Post #3 of 14 (6319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Sharp LCD picture seems dark [In reply to] Can't Post

Alright, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post yet not answer any questions, insult my eyesight, and state the obvious.
I am sorry to be rude, but this has got to be the most assanine reponses I've read in a long time.

To anyone else that might respond I would like to add that my concern is for daytime viewing. I didnt have any issues until I started watching football on Sunday, ambient light isn't excessive, at least nothing my RPCRT fussed at.

techchris
Veteran

Sep 11, 2007, 7:56 PM

Post #4 of 14 (6308 views)
Shortcut

from experience i can tell you most LCD's run with the brightness in the 75%-100% range and the backlight near max.my own panasonic which i have had for 2 years is the same. It wont do any harm.

redhawk13
New User

Sep 11, 2007, 10:50 PM

Post #5 of 14 (6305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sharp LCD picture seems dark [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
from experience i can tell you most LCD's run with the brightness in the 75%-100% range and the backlight near max.my own panasonic which i have had for 2 years is the same. It wont do any harm.

Thanks Chris, I was hoping I didnt have to return this TV Smile. After my fiddling around with settings the picture is much better, it appears I was a touch too conservative with the set-up.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 12, 2007, 3:41 AM

Post #6 of 14 (6299 views)
Shortcut

To be fair, i have not yet to hear from you whether you went through the owner's manual and if this is the way you direct question in matters to hows and whys is sometimes my way of sending message to everyone. We have brains for all good and bad reasons but it's more convenient to seek an advice without even trying and attain to use our own. My strategy always hit nerves cause we only focus in the negatives, oftentimes we refuse to apply in the positive.

denonjapan
made in japan

redhawk13
New User

Sep 12, 2007, 4:22 AM

Post #7 of 14 (6297 views)
Shortcut

Whether I read the owners manual or not is irrelevant. I posed a question. You responded in the least helpful way possible, especially considering it's my first post on this site, and I called you on it. If we can assume that we are on this website because of a shared enthusiasm for electronics then I dont understand your goal of "hitting nerves".
Perhaps its is your strategy, not my assumed laziness that needs a little attention.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 12, 2007, 5:05 AM

Post #8 of 14 (6295 views)
Shortcut

how could you consider the owner's manual being irrelevant? you think it's there for authenticity?.. I could relate your shared of enthusiasm. unfortunately, you bought a unit that came with instructions. why this have to be nerve-wrecking?
too bad, HUMANS, the only creations that never came out with manuals. so, we could look over our deficiencies anytime we feel something wrong with us? Unless, you take this rather offensive too. JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!

denonjapan
made in japan

terminator
User

Sep 13, 2007, 12:13 AM

Post #9 of 14 (6279 views)
Shortcut

your a bunch of idiots being mean to this guy treat him with respect like they would treat you

redhawk13
New User

Sep 13, 2007, 12:34 AM

Post #10 of 14 (6278 views)
Shortcut

<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table><div style="margin-left: 30px">how could you consider the owner's manual being irrelevant? you think it's there for authenticity?.. I could relate your shared of enthusiasm. unfortunately, you bought a unit that came with instructions. why this have to be nerve-wrecking? <br>too bad, HUMANS, the only creations that never came out with manuals. so, we could look over our deficiencies anytime we feel something wrong with us? Unless, you take this rather offensive too. JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!! <br> <br>denonjapan <br>made in japan</div><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--/reply--><tr><td><hr width="100%" noshade size=1 color="#A1A576"></td></tr></table>

Looks like I stumbled across the elusive "village idiot" on my first post.
Re-read my previous post. I said, whether i read it or not is irrelevant, NOT that the manual itself is.
And the reason its irrelevant is because, no manual tells you how to "set" your TV. Sure it tells you how to get to the settings. Which once again is irrelevant, because my post was about a darkness, and whether this is an LCD related thing or if my TV is malfunctioning. It was a very simple question- that you responded too like a smart-ass, and now your backtracking with your inept philosophical bumpersticker quotes that dizzy as opposed to enlighten.
I have read some of your responses on different threads and I can see this is your "role", to attempt to belittle and act intelligent, but I think between the two of us and this thread we've pretty much nailed down your intelligence level. (and unfortunately mine for responding)

You don't need to respond as I wont be here to read it-
(read between the lines; If you post now you can try and save face 'cuz I'm not coming back to tell you your a moron)FrownCrazy

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 13, 2007, 3:07 AM

Post #11 of 14 (6275 views)
Shortcut

Calling me names is immune to my corporate nerves. The fact remains thesame. however i found your problem to be this simple even my eyes closed, but telling you is just thesame as stated in the owner's manual.
You have wasted too much time, you could have re-solve your issue but you ain't WILLING for any challenge. how can you learn? start reading or return that mother fucker!
I'ts an honor to know: you went to visit some of your former classmates. You should be glad and not MAD cause you're not the only one. LIVE AND LEARN. You're too old to be told. if you're homo, just be GAY!

denonjapan
made in japan

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 13, 2007, 3:47 AM

Post #12 of 14 (6272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [terminator] Sharp LCD picture seems dark [In reply to] Can't Post

NO TERMINATOR!. "Respect is something you earn, i wouldn't expect nothing else in return if you learn".

denonjapan
made in japan

glistx
New User

Sep 27, 2007, 6:03 PM

Post #13 of 14 (6209 views)
Shortcut

denonjapan, you have issues and your advise sucks 98% of the time.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 28, 2007, 3:15 PM

Post #14 of 14 (6194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glistx] Sharp LCD picture seems dark [In reply to] Can't Post

oh yeah? I had proceeded repairing your cracked HEAD instead before you can among yourself HANDY!

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Sep 28, 2007, 3:17 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)