SD programming not clear

pnadella
New User

Sep 30, 2007, 11:42 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1615 views)
Shortcut
SD programming not clear Can't Post

Hi,

I just bought a Sharp 52" 1080p Aquos LCD TV.

The picture quality of SD channels is really poor to the extent that some channels are not watchable. It is no where close to being as good as my 10 year old TV. Other brands at friends places seem fine for SD programming. Any suggestions please.

HD programming is fine.

Thanks,
Pratap

Franky
User

Oct 7, 2007, 12:17 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pnadella] SD programming not clear [In reply to] Can't Post

A HD 1080p is not needed unless you have DVD BLUE RAY,because there is no broadcasting in that format the 1080I is the way to go,maybe if you change to 480p your cable box, sat box, maybe you get a better pic in SD,

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 7, 2007, 3:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] SD programming not clear [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forum FRANKY! that's a good way to start.!

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 13, 2007, 12:20 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] SD programming not clear [In reply to] Can't Post

Not all HD TV's do a good job in recreating SD signals. Some, LCD's in particular, recreate SD programs pretty poorly. Much of it has to do with how much the manufacturer decided to invest into the design of the SD portion of the TV. With the changeover to HD in the near future, the SD reproduction circuitry get the short shaft. It also doesn't help that the picture on that Sharp gets upconverted to 1080P regardless of what you're watching. It makes no difference on HD programming but that up conversion merely degrades the SD programming a little more than it already is.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)