Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA

allenw3658
New User

Mar 17, 2010, 10:01 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2831 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA Can't Post

Hey, I received a broken Samsung 40inch LCD television. Model number: ltn406wx/xaa Power Board Number: BN94-00443w. I plugged in and turned it on to see what the issue was, the screen was in and out of picture. I'm not sure if the sound was working or not, because i had to turn it off quickly because it smelt like it was burning.......which it was. I opened the back of the television and removed the power board, the capacitors and resistors look to be in good shape however when I flipped the board over I discovered a burn mark on the bottom, directly above one of the two rectangle shaped objects (I believe it's a resistor but I'm unsure). I have pictures of the board and close ups of the capacitors, resistors and the burn mark on the bottom. Any advice? Should i just get a new power board? If so, does anyone know where I could get one? Thanks for all the help, I hope the pictures I upload will help some of you with similar problems. THANKS AGAIN!

Board on tv

Capacitors, one has a blue mark on it, don't know if that is blown or not.

Burn Mark On back side of board. (Source of terrible smell)

Close Up

Reverse side of the burn (I don't know if those are resistors or not, the burn is on the top component).

Post any help you can offer, I hope these pictures help someone out there!

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 18, 2010, 1:19 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [allenw3658] Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA [In reply to] Can't Post

As I mentioned on Riddled, you're first going to have to see if the charring is well into the board or just on the outer surfaces.

-------------------------

allenw3658
New User

Mar 18, 2010, 3:14 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA [In reply to] Can't Post

The charring seems to be "eating away from the board it's self" besides that, when it's turned on it only takes a few seconds for the smell to kick in, it's really intense. I had to air out my whole basement for about a hour for 20 seconds of on time.

My main concern is that it may have ruined other boards or electrical components, nothing is visible or appears to be malfunctioning but I don't know much about televisions.

It's also difficult to find a board, you know where I might locate one?

Thanks!

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 18, 2010, 3:52 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [allenw3658] Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA [In reply to] Can't Post

Search / Google the board numbers. DiscountMerchant, ShopJimmy, Encompass, as a last resort ebay.

From your photos (looks like is one trace heading in one direction on the top of the board and another trace leading a different direction on the other side of the board, with one pin of transformer and an number of top to bottom plated through holes connecting the two) you could be successful "cutting out" the damaged area of board and running flying wire connection to undamaged "foil trace" on top & bottom.

But then again, I've been doing consumer electronics repair for too long.Smile

-------------------------

allenw3658
New User

Mar 18, 2010, 7:20 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA [In reply to] Can't Post

HAHA thanks, I think I will just order a new board. I'll post the results after i install it. Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)