Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sharp Aquous LC46D64U blinking green power light

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

rfitts46
New User

Mar 8, 2018, 2:51 PM

Post #51 of 55 (2751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp Aquous LC46D64U blinking green power light [In reply to] Can't Post

Removed plastic trim frame from around lcd screen. Removed screws through metal frame marked with arrow.

Frame doesn't want to budge....is there more to removing lcd steel frame?

Should the 2 tcon ribbon cables be disconnected? Might be easier to remove three connectors from tcon board and allow entire board to come with lcd...if I get to it.

rfitts46
New User

Mar 8, 2018, 9:18 PM

Post #52 of 55 (2745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rfitts46] Sharp Aquous LC46D64U blinking green power light [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay dissassembled and can now see fluorescent lights. No obvious damage or bulbs not in sockets.

What do I do now?

rfitts46
New User

Mar 8, 2018, 10:35 PM

Post #53 of 55 (2741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rfitts46] Sharp Aquous LC46D64U blinking green power light [In reply to] Can't Post

Placed lcd back on top of backlight assy so the tcon connections can be made. Lift one side of lcd and now I can see the fluorescents trying to light. So what can I do now to attempt to weed out a tired bulb?

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 9, 2018, 12:29 AM

Post #54 of 55 (2740 views)
Shortcut

One of these things is not like the others, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, etc.?

-------------------------

rfitts46
New User

May 28, 2018, 12:51 PM

Post #55 of 55 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp Aquous LC46D64U blinking green power light [In reply to] Can't Post

Picked up 5 used replacement bulbs. Starting from top of tv replaced first five bulbs with the acquired 5 bulbs. No power up.

Interesting that 16 out of the 22 bulbs light before error. The six not turning on create an interesting pattern. Starting from TCON (top of tv) the first bulb doesn't turn on, the next three do turn on, then one bulb doesn't turn on, then the next three do, and so on.

Still looking for an inverter board schematic for this tv doesn't anyone know where a schematic can be obtained? The pattern described above may allow the failure to be narrowed down to a specific circuit of the inverter board.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)