Size of LCD for my room?

Evanm
New User

Dec 27, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1748 views)
Shortcut
Size of LCD for my room? Can't Post

Hello, I just remodeled my room so im looking for a LCD
I am currently watching a 5+ year old rear projection type tv on a desk (takes up whole desk just for a tv!).
I need something that will be flat on the wall to free up space and look nicer.
My room is 13.5 x 10 exactly. The tv will be placed on the 13.5 foot vertical wall.
What size LCD would you buy for my room? I was thinking 32".
I will use the tv to watch tv & dvd's. Nothings crazy...
budget of $600-800.
I guess im looking for quality more than anything.
I know it wont be that great for my price range, but i just want something that wont give me problems.

one last question, any reason to get a lcd over a plasma or visa-versa? prices?

(This post was edited by Evanm on Dec 27, 2007, 10:07 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 28, 2007, 5:50 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Evanm] Size of LCD for my room? [In reply to] Can't Post

On the wall would be only choice in your room and 37 incher is precise monitor. However, if you choose 32 inch ( since your budget is too low for 37 lcd ) you must leave it in it's table stand sitting in some kind of console table. 32 inch on the wall looks silly. I know it's too small. if you can manage try to get 37 inch as much as you can and forget 32 inch.

if you want something that won't give you problems then try as to take it easy as you possibly can. What do I mean by that is:> A lot of people do worry more of their money." what if they buy, thinking something might happen later?" that alone is NEGATIVE. If you are such individual then, you are sending that vibrations comes closer and it will happen like you thought it was.

LCD is every reason for a flatscreen right now especially if you have spending budget. "It's more expensive" you might say! > Thats exactly what trick people when the price is higher and at thesame time QUALITY is what they after, they always end up something they didn't want in the first place due to price differences thinking they'd all the good deal. what happen to QUALITY aspect? I don't have the exact words to that. However, be true to yourself. Thinking is exactly what you do.

denonjapan
made in japan

Evanm
New User

Dec 28, 2007, 8:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Size of LCD for my room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying a SHARP AQUOS 1080i LCD in 37"
I haggled a guy down (old friend at 6th ave) and got it for $800 before sales tax. I thought it was a great deal so i jumped on it.
The prices at other store were up to $1,399-1499 and most wouldn't budge on it.
The only other one that I liked was a Samsung 40" 1080i LCD, but that was $1,100 and i couldn't see spending the difference at the time.

Franky
User

Jan 3, 2008, 1:25 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Evanm] Size of LCD for my room? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess one more chinese bites the dust,wish you good luck with it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)