Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sony 40" bravia Problem

Chlarock
New User

Mar 11, 2009, 6:21 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Sony 40" bravia Problem Can't Post

My Sony Bravia kdl-v40xbr1 is "stuck" on channel 36!!! The remote was tested and works but not on this set. I turn it on...with the button on the set...it comes on fine but I can't do anything else. No volume controll or channel changing controll on the set controlls OR the remote. I can't even power it off with the remote. Just the power button on the set. Any thoughts on what could be wrong???

techchris
Veteran

Mar 11, 2009, 7:36 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chlarock] Sony 40" bravia Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like either the eeprom or micro chip is faulty. are you sure no buttons are stuck down on the tv which will disable all the others.

Chlarock
New User

Mar 12, 2009, 1:28 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sony 40" bravia Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

No buttons are stuck but even if they were the remote should be able to shut the tv off shouldn't it? I'm no electronics expert but I'm pretty hand. I don't know what eeprom is or what microchip you are talking about. is theer a picture of these things anyplace. Thanks for your help.

techchris
Veteran

Mar 12, 2009, 6:36 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chlarock] Sony 40" bravia Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

these are multipin surface mount components so you would not be able to change them yourself.best bet is to get an estimate from a local Sony dealer first.

Chlarock
New User

Mar 12, 2009, 6:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sony 40" bravia Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

What board are they on? Could I just replace that board myself? This is well within my ability. Thanks again.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)