Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sony Bravia/LG and PIP?

Jawsy
New User

Feb 23, 2008, 4:14 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2652 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia/LG and PIP? Can't Post

I've been interested in a couple of different models HDTV, namely the Sony Bravia KDL-40V3000 and the LG 42LB5D. Does anybody know if either of these TVs have picture-in-picture? its a fairly important feature I want. Also, which one would you suggest for video games/high def movie. Response time is important, I know the LG has 5ms, but can't find the Bravia's time. I would prefer 5ms or faster. They cost pretty much the same so price doesn't matter. Any body have any previous experience with either of these TVs? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

flemingdl
New User

Sep 26, 2008, 4:43 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jawsy] Sony Bravia/LG and PIP? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll add that I too want PIP in an LCD tv and am quite dissappointed Unsure that its on so few models in the $800 to $1000 range we're looking at (Lots of 37" & 42" in that range now Sly). Did you find any more out on this?
A video only salesman told me with PIP one of the channels was very limited and hence why its just not offered on many - I question that, wanted to sell me what they had only (non PIP tv's).
I can easily supply the 2nd tuner with a VCR and get OK quality - really like monitoring one sports event show while watching another flavored show..
Cheers
Don F
Bellevue Wa

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)