Sony KDL-52XBR9 Problem

Danboy
New User

Jun 29, 2011, 12:03 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4975 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDL-52XBR9 Problem Can't Post

Hi,

We bought our Sony XBR9 a year and 3 months ago. Last Sunday I went in to watch golf and noticed a thin black line on the left side of the tv about 2 inches in from the side. Contacted Sony online support and tried a few things, unhooked the blu-ray, and the cable box but the line was still there. Unplugged the tv but that didn't help. Finally the analyst said the tv needed service. We hooked the tv back up and left it on and went in and had dinner. When we came back the line was gone. The next morning I turned it on and the line was back, this time it was blue. I called the closest authorized Sony repair shop( 90 miles away) and was told it sounds like the panel may be bad but there was other things that could cause the line. I contacted Sony and explained the problem and after reminding me the tv was out of warranty, which I knew, he put me through to another tech who told us to contact the Geek Squad as they would come to our home and write up a estimate. We are suppose to contact Sony when we get the estimate and they will then decide if they will help us with this as the tv is only 3 months out of warranty. We are hoping it is not the panel which we have found out are very expensive. We are also hoping that Sony will help us with this. I am wondering what your alls thoughts are on this? Thanks for your time.

Wornslick

Read more: http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39016&forum=34#ixzz1QcPNho76

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 29, 2011, 4:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danboy] Sony KDL-52XBR9 Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

But Sony's accelerated aging tests said that "gluing" panel ribbon cables would reliably make connections through the warranty period, at least. It did. Complain to Sony and then move on.

-------------------------

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2011, 5:52 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danboy] Sony KDL-52XBR9 Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

It probably is the LCD panel this is very common for Sony.
You could however try reseating the LVD cable (wiggle them while pushing them in their sockets tighter or remove them & reseat them back in their sockets).
The LVD cable is a mult-conductor cable that leads from the main signal board to the Tcon board. The main signal board is the board with all the inputs & tuner & the Tcon is usually mounted to the top edge of the LCD panel & is often behind a metal shield.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jul 4, 2011, 5:53 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)