F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sony KDL46S4100,Powers up with green led no PIC or sound has back-light

ivtec
User

Feb 29, 2016, 6:50 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3539 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDL46S4100,Powers up with green led no PIC or sound has back-light Can't Post

Hi guys; i 've got this LCD SONY KDL46S4100 that i found on the streets and i'm trying save it from going to landfill,
i need your expertise,
the symptoms; powers up, has steady green led ,with back-lite on ,no pic or sound,already changed A board no change,
i have all supply volts, I tested power board i have at CN 301 the 12 V, 6.5 V, and 3.3 V, CN 302 stand by 3.3v,also
T-CON White fuse FP1 (3A) to the left of the LVDS connector CN1 i have the 12v.

i tested the CN1 plug per instructions see link bellow,when i pull in and out one side and wiggle it i had OSD and raster with grey pattern for a second, per tech advice see link bellow ,he says T-con is OK,i dont know, it seems like some thing is short,hope it's not the LCD,what you guys think, and can you please advice,i hate to send this set to the land fill.

i tried my Laptop with HDMI output with a video stream and PC changes sound to tv but no sound on the tv,also tried My Roku 1 with Hdmi and no sound,i notice the optical red light is on on the board thought i did not try it, i do not have the stand and remote control cause the guys only threw out the TV and i don't know who did,
also i was able to see at some point the OSD menu for some time and i could change settings but it was not for long cause at slight tv move it went away,

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/6s7ep-no-picture-sound-sony-lcd-46s4100.html

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 29, 2016, 8:51 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] Sony KDL46S4100,Powers up with green led no PIC or sound has back-light [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd try to get remote and stand from owners. Remote may have already been tossed, but stand should have stood out. Wink

http://imgur.com/bYFqPTf

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Feb 29, 2016, 9:49 PM)

ivtec
User

Mar 1, 2016, 2:02 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sony KDL46S4100,Powers up with green led no PIC or sound has back-light [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'd try to get remote and stand from owners. Remote may have already been tossed, but stand should have stood out. Wink

http://imgur.com/bYFqPTf

Thanks jts1955; i have the tv service menu and went through the troubleshoot tree and checked all components and voltage points in the tree and all ok .

ivtec
User

Mar 3, 2016, 3:10 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] Sony KDL46S4100,Powers up with green led no PIC or sound has back-light [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys; update on my Sony i found out that FP1 on T-con board only had 11.60 volts on one side and .036v on the other side , my bad i should have done a better job checking the other side of the fuse, now i have changed FP1 with same amperage i had in my scrap boards, and put back jimmy's A board, since with the A board that came with tv i could get sound but no pic or OSD, i put Back A board that i bought from Jimmy's.com and now i get good Pic and sound , but i get this strip with colors vertically in the middle of screen, is this a bad panel?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)