May 11, 2023, 2:06 PM
Post #1 of 1
One day I was using my TCL U55P6006 (apparently the Thomson 55UC6306 is the exact same with a different brandname) when suddenly the screen turned black and the status light at the bottom of the screen came on.
TCL U55P6006 / Thomson 55UC6306 Screen non-functional, status light constantly on
Some things I tried were:
- Power-cycling the tv.
- Update the system firmware through USB.
- Using a flashlight to check if backlights were defective, donít think I saw anything but itís also hard to know if even anything was displayed.
- Making sure all connections (outside and inside) were correct.
- Disconnection main board from power board to see if backlights came on, did not come on
- Measuring the 230V input, nothing wrong
- Measuring some capacitors on the hot side, 400v, nothing wrong
- Measuring the 3.3v standby, nothing wrong
- Measuring the 12v, nothing wrong
Power-board 08-L141HA2-PW220AA, purple: AC-in correctly measured at ~230v, blue: capacitors correctly measured at 400v and working. I should note that one of the yellow boxes makes a sound when plugged in.
Main-board 40-MS86D1-MAC2HG, orange: 3,3 volt standby (3v3-STB), yellow: 12V_PSU(X) https://preview.redd.it/...48ca4e0d1f8ab986bfca
Some off the key oddities this tv shows:
- Power-board makes a certain rumble when powered on and connected to main-board, it's the small yellow box under the big black capacitors I think.
- The status light stays on no matter what action is taken (provided it is connected of course).
Assembled TV internals https://preview.redd.it/...bbab79f41a77cc68124d
I am not very skilled at this but I would like to learn. I think the backlights are okay because the status light is acting like it wont even boot up, although I can't explain why the backlights don't turn on when I unplug the main-board. So could it be a bad main-board?
Iíll try to respond as soon as possible. Thank you all in advance.