Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
TOSHIBA 37av50u component video doesn't work, only audio?

scd1424
New User

Feb 15, 2009, 6:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1287 views)
Shortcut
TOSHIBA 37av50u component video doesn't work, only audio? Can't Post

I just recently got a TOHSIBA 37 AV50U... Everything seemed perfect for the first few weeks just running cable and HDMI. I went to hook up my DVD player with RCA's (red,white,yellow) and i'm only receiving the sound, no picture. But, when I have the video (yellow) unplugged my TV will say "no signal" and when I plug it in the "no signal" sign disappears as if it is getting something. I tried this with my PS3, my cable box, as well as another DVD player, same result. I also switched RCA cables out to make sure there was no problem with wiring. I also tried the RCA plugs on the side of the TV (which is Video 2) and still only sound, no video.

I called tech support and they were no help except ( if ) it is under warranty (1 year) and they told me to call an electronic repair shop. I got the item off online and i'm not sure if warranty is void because it went through another dealer?? Thanks so much for any help!!!!

-Sean

techchris
Veteran

Feb 15, 2009, 11:37 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scd1424] TOSHIBA 37av50u component video doesn't work, only audio? [In reply to] Can't Post

if you plug/unplug these cables without turning the tv off first,static electricity which builds up in you, can destroy A/V switching ic's. worth checking first to see if the yellow socket has not broken away from the printed circuit board inside as this is also common if you plug things in and out continuously.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)