Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Toshiba picture fault

Jakey555
New User

Sep 22, 2014, 4:42 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba picture fault Can't Post

Our Toshiba Regza (model no 32WLT68) has developed a screen fault. I'm trying to find out if it's likely to be a faulty panel (which will make it worthless). Any ideas from anybody more experienced in fixing LCD TVs gratefully received. I've got nothing to lose so if it's fixable would like to have a crack at doing so. It's a few years old so not worth much- but I'd love the satisfaction of fixing it if its fixable!

1) Picture suddenly went very low quality while watching it. A bright light crept down the screen in an arc from the top. Swithching it off for 20 minutes and back on again it was fine for the first 5 minutes, then it went again. Now the picture is bad all the time, even after it has been left off and unplugged all night. It's no longer a bright arc from the top of the screen- the whole picture is blown out and low quality.

2) I have played with all settings- there is definitely a component failed somewhere.

3) It is still almost watchable at times- especially programes that are quite dark and filmed under artificial light (having now fiddled with the settings). Programmes that are filmed in bright daytime conditions appear completely blown out and unwatchable. Sound is fine. Same problems occur through SCART, and HDMI inputs.

Please see link to photos (below) of what the picture looks like.

Any ideas? Should I just bin it or is it worth taking the back off it for a look? what would I be looking for?

Screen pics at
https://plus.google.com/photos/104514734447795254907/albums/6060844233083938961

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 22, 2014, 5:26 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jakey555] Toshiba picture fault [In reply to] Can't Post

tcon board most likely.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)