VGA + Audio Out? Computer to TV

bascotie
New User

Apr 9, 2011, 11:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1065 views)
Shortcut
VGA + Audio Out? Computer to TV Can't Post

Hi guys,
I'm helping a friend with a computer to tv setup in his small business. It's preferred for us to get a tv with a VGA connection (D-Sub / PC). He already has a sound system there with a 3.5mm (headphone jack) audio IN.
What do we need to look for in a tv to be able to play videos from the computer to the tv, using the VGA connector, and getting the audio to output through the speakers.
Actually.. now that i think of it, the computer would be the one connecting over to the speakers, right? So would it be ok to have a VGA cable of 6 feet or so (maybe more), outputting video to the televesion, while a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable goes from computer to speakers for audio?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2011, 12:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bascotie] VGA + Audio Out? Computer to TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Use VGA from computer to TV for video

Use 3.5mm to 3.5mm from speaker out on computer to audio in on TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

tuphoonshu
New User

Apr 26, 2011, 2:33 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] VGA + Audio Out? Computer to TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin: It actually was. That kind of put off development a bit because they obviously said, "Oh, now it's going to be a little bit touchy." But they decided Heath probably wouldn't care. I would bet $2 million that if Heath was still alive and somebody said, "Hey, The cosby show complete box set, we're going to remake this movie," he'd probably say, "Oh, The Hills series 1-6, that's great. Have fun." I know that's how I'd feel. If somebody were to remake Camp Rock 20 years from now, NCIS series 1-7, I'd be like, "Go for it!"TVGuide.com: In the movie, Bianca's already popular, Xena Warrior Princess complete series, but on the show, she's trying to become popular, first by trying out to be a cheerleader.
Charmed series 1-8
House M.D dvd
The Sopranos seasons 1-6
Ghost Whisperer series 1-5

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)