Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Vizio D24-d1 (new) Blurring Effect

RhapidFyre
New User

Sep 11, 2016, 5:22 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2831 views)
Shortcut
Vizio D24-d1 (new) Blurring Effect Can't Post

Hello everyone! I just bought this TV and I'm having quite an annoying issue.

This monitor's resolutions and speed is the same as my secondary monitor, yet the secondary monitor (Dell P2211H) doesn't have this problem. So, I'm to think the Vizio is the problem or I'm doing something wrong.

When I play iRacing (motorsport simulator) or Garry's Mod (Half Life 2), I have a noticable motion blur effect from dark-colored textures and props. Dark blue couches, brown tables, they all "blur" when I move the screen around them. Light colored textures and props don't seem to have this effect, at least not nearly as bad.

Other games like Counter Strike, Guild Wars 2, and movies do not have this problem. This leads me to think it's those specific games, however they are two entirely different game engines by two entirely different companies.

I have all my picture settings off, and have tried noise reduction as well to stop this from happening but nothing works.

Any ideas, or is my TV just picky?

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 11, 2016, 6:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RhapidFyre] Vizio D24-d1 (new) Blurring Effect [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe it's defective?
Real-life brick & mortar or Cyber purchased, if the sales representative can't or won't help to figure out a cure - threaten to return item.Sly

-------------------------

RhapidFyre
New User

Sep 11, 2016, 6:55 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio D24-d1 (new) Blurring Effect [In reply to] Can't Post

I got it from wally world. I might try to return it for a different one of the same model and see if it does the same thing. I just tested it with a non-game program and the dark-colored objects did the same thing.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 11, 2016, 7:36 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RhapidFyre] Vizio D24-d1 (new) Blurring Effect [In reply to] Can't Post

Find something on YT or elsewhere that demonstrates the effect, Download to a flash drive and see if the in store demo does or doesn't do it.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)