Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems

dgomen
New User

Jul 11, 2010, 2:22 AM

Post #1 of 8 (12890 views)
Shortcut
Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems Can't Post

I have had this tv for a couple years and just in the last couple days I have developed this problem. It is hard to describe so I am going to try and include an image to show it. But it is a glowing type of effect. No matter where I adjust the settings I seem to get this, unless I turn off brightness all the way. It's like areas that are suppose to be reflecting light, or direct lighted objects like the sun or a light will get this halo effect or glow to it. And it has a greenish tint and outline of these areas.

I am just trying to avoid paying for a service call if this thing isn't going to be worth fixing. I would rather put the money toward a new set if this is a serious problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

The strange glowing around his face and arms is what I am talking about. It is actually worse in person but this was the best I could do to get an image that demonstrates it.

techchris
Veteran

Jul 11, 2010, 9:46 PM

Post #2 of 8 (12879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dgomen] Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems [In reply to] Can't Post

the picture is solarized. check the connecting ribbon cable from the main board to the screen. if ok then the board is probably faulty.

dgomen
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 3:32 PM

Post #3 of 8 (12873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for the response and direction

As far as I can tell the ribbon looks in good shape. I wonder if this was triggered by heat. The temps in my area coincidently jumped into the 90's just prior to this problem developing?
What happen to the days where TV's would last you at least 10 years or more?

(This post was edited by dgomen on Jul 13, 2010, 3:36 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 13, 2010, 6:20 PM

Post #4 of 8 (12869 views)
Shortcut

But that was the old primitive proven electronics.
This is the latest and greatest advanced electronics.

Try running the next set inside your walk-in refrigerator.Smile

-------------------------

techchris
Veteran

Jul 13, 2010, 9:48 PM

Post #5 of 8 (12862 views)
Shortcut

those days ended when the Chinese started passing off junk as quality goods.

JHSFALCON
New User

Jan 4, 2013, 2:47 AM

Post #6 of 8 (11480 views)
Shortcut

hello I had a similar problem with my 42 inch L.C.d. I found that the control board was the problem. I paid 52.49 for it. Place where I got it from Best Video Boards. Control board is the one above the power supply board. Good luck.Smile

computerGuy
New User

Dec 2, 2015, 6:28 PM

Post #7 of 8 (6415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JHSFALCON] Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello.

I am attempting to repair my Vizio VX37L HDTV10A television and I was hoping you could steer me in the correct direction. The television picture is polarized. The television stays polarized using any input (VGA, A/V, etc.) and the settings Menu itself is also polarized. I've been doing some research and I have determined it is likely the LCD panel itself and or the TCON board.

The issue is I don't see a TCON board inside the television. I see a main board, power board, IR board, and one other board for the hand manual controls (volume, channel, etc.) on the side of the TV.

I haven't gotten any further than taking off the plastic back case of the television. Is it possible the TCON board is somewhere else that I'm not looking?

Is it possible that this television has no TCON board (integrated in with the main board)? Any assistance would be great. I can provide pictures and or more details if necessary.

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 2, 2015, 7:47 PM

Post #8 of 8 (6408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [computerGuy] Vizio VX37LHDTV10A glowing/color problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Under a shield. FFC cables and LVDS cable connect to it.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/vx37lhdtv10a
possibly: http://badcaps.net/...734&d=1310703391

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Dec 2, 2015, 7:54 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)