F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Vizio XVT3D554SV Flashing logo, intermittent backlight, no sound or image

Thunder88
New User

Jul 9, 2013, 4:42 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1805 views)
Shortcut
Vizio XVT3D554SV Flashing logo, intermittent backlight, no sound or image Can't Post

I picked up a dead Vizio XVT3D554SV 55" 3d tv last week for about $100. The man I purchased it from said it just turned off one day and he got frustrated and just bought another one without bothering to have this one looked at. The TV itself looks beautiful, not a scratch, ding, mark or anything.. looks like it just came out of the box.

Here are the symptoms:

When first plugging in, system does the normal orange/white flashing logo for about a minute, then it goes solid orange. Pushing power button on remote causes logo to go white, and sometimes the backlight turns on. When I first got it home I did the 30 second reset and upon turning it on I briefly saw the vizio splash screen and then it went away, followed by the backlight flickering and turning off. I tried resetting it a couple more times and I never saw the logo again, though the backlight turned on a couple times, and flickered and kicked off a couple times.

The next day I pulled the back off and did a full inspection of caps and chips. I saw no obvious heat damage, bulged or leaking caps, poor connections, etc. the first couple times I tried to fire it up I did get the backlight and could turn it on and off with the remote, but after a few times the backlight no longer comes on and the remote no longer can turn it off. After the initial plugging in and turning on with the remote the unit now does a constant cycle of trying to turn on (white logo for 90 seconds), then turning off and doing the orange/white flashing logo thing.

Diagnosing:

I am seeing correct (I assume) voltage at both sides of the fuses on all boards. The following readings were taken during the white logo part of the cycle, during the orange/white flashing part the only voltage that holds is the 5.1v circuits. During the "on" part of the cycle the inverter board LEDs are on (LED1 constant, LED2 flashing).

The T-com board has 5.1v (f4), 11.98v(f5), and 11.98v(F6) at its 3 fuses.

The main board has 11.98v, 18v, and 5.1v at its 3 fuses.

The inverter board has 28.5v at its 2 fuses. disconnecting the t-com board, the inverter board, or both at the same time doesn't change the on-off cycling.

I ordered a t-comm board as i saw a couple posts on some other forums stating it could be related and it should be here today so I'll be swapping that out to see if the tv's operation is restored.

Any suggestions or test voltage information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jason

Thunder88
New User

Jul 15, 2013, 2:22 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thunder88] Vizio XVT3D554SV Flashing logo, intermittent backlight, no sound or image [In reply to] Can't Post

Just for anyone else who has a similar issue, the T-Comm board was the issue and now that its replaced the TV is working great.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)