Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
What question to ask when buying TV for PC?

ravndal15
New User

Jan 9, 2008, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1304 views)
Shortcut
What question to ask when buying TV for PC? Can't Post

Hello guys,
I think im posting this in the right section and i hope someone could help me with a question I have in regards to buying a new HD LCD TV which I wish to connect to my PC . I have been researching on the internet and have been a little worried about reading guides which have stated that if you connect your PC wrong to your LCD TV you can do serrious damage. I have been reading about resolutions and so on which have to be right in order for it to work properly . So with the information I am about to provide I hope someone could tell me a few questions I need to ask whom I buy the HD LCD TV from to be sure it will work with the following graphics card
specs page for my graphics card
http://ati.amd.com/...crossfire/specs.html
Im guessing asking about this : HDTV (analog or digital): 480p | 720p | 1080i | Any custom resolution would be important . But i really need someone to confirm im on the right track . Its My forst HD LCD TV so im not sure and still learning . thank you ?

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 10, 2008, 6:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ravndal15] What question to ask when buying TV for PC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just like in any other forums you came from and informations you have gathered around are individual in this area PRESENT, who can contain you with thesame analogy based on experience. Listen! carefully. >Experience< However, based on their experienced in the subject do not show no how work ethics ( if indeed being practice ) in the manner of LICENSE individual does.
Let me brief you a litle of those misconceptions. A pc monitor is a pc monitor, they are not necessarilly called HD. HD LCD like most sold in consumer stores like bestbuy, circuit city may have dvi or HDMI input but are not variable input like Professional monitors has, assuming you see a DVI doesn't mean you can input a signal from your computer. A pc monitor will support any resolutions but if a the monitor does not support hdcp standards isn't ideal for AV. Generally, these monitors are 40 inches and above. Smaller monitors like 15 to 20 inches with lighter designs with plastic casing are mostly immune to impact and by breaking it is subject to INTENTIONAL dropping and improper voltage. As far as wrong input connection is concerned do make no sense at all causing serious damage to the unit.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)