Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
What to consider??

chuckron
New User

Sep 15, 2006, 5:08 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1651 views)
Shortcut
What to consider?? Can't Post

Hello everyone, I am new here and I am considering buying an LCD.
I have a few questions before buying. I enjoy watching hockey and I have heard that in the past LCD's were not good for high movement, is this still true??
Also, after doing some preliminary searching, what would make a better TV? Brightness? or is this only if you have the TV in bright room? Contrast?(what does this actually refer to?)
This TV will be used for my bedroom, and will be faced directly towards my bed, so viewing angle is not a problem, nor will light, since it will be used mostly in the dark.
Also, I want to clarify the HD TV thing....In order to receive OTA signals in HD I will need an ATSC tuner correct?
Hope this is it, please let me know if there is anything else I should be considering.

Thanks for all the help and I am sure I will enjoy this forum.
Justin

techchris
Veteran

Sep 15, 2006, 9:42 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckron] What to consider?? [In reply to] Can't Post

LCD or Plasma are not as good at showing fastmoving objects as crt tv's whatever the salesman tells you. this is due to the slow refresh rates on the pixels compared to crt they are getting better than a couple of years ago. contrast alters the difference between peak white and black, same as any tv. Panasonic is still about the best LCD around.some tv's are HD ready if not you will need an external tuner and plug it into the component input

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)