Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Who makes Vizio?

scottman1027
New User

Jul 19, 2007, 3:29 AM

Post #1 of 15 (32553 views)
Shortcut
Who makes Vizio? Can't Post

I know.... Vizio makes Vizio. Ha ha! So are they made by a larger company? I have been looking at a 37" lcd and the picture is very nice. The price seems good as well. Anyone know?
Thanks.

ernie
User

Jul 19, 2007, 8:17 AM

Post #2 of 15 (32546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottman1027] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

try this link. http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/...o_plasma_review.html
another link with video preveiw. http://reviews.cnet.com/...b&do=1&ds=1w.

(This post was edited by ernie on Jul 19, 2007, 10:25 AM)

scottman1027
New User

Jul 19, 2007, 11:58 PM

Post #3 of 15 (32533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey thanks for the response. There was some good info in there. It is interesting to hear what people have to say about low price plasmas and lcd's. I cant justify paying several hundred dollars more for a tv that has a slightly better picture. The last tv I bought was a top of the line 32" rca crt and it was close to 500 dollars back then. Now anything less than 1000 bucks is considered a bottom line tv. Maybe I am starting to show my age, but its only a tv!

MOtvGuy
User

Jul 20, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #4 of 15 (32531 views)
Shortcut

The company I work for is a Vizio Authorized repair station. We had some real issues with them when they first came on board last year, especially with obtaining parts. Vizio literally didn't realize they'd have to provide parts or service support. The parts issue has gotten better with them. They have a pretty good picture for the price.

scottman1027
New User

Jul 20, 2007, 3:00 AM

Post #5 of 15 (32530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I thought the 37" lcd I am looking at had a pretty nice picture. I checked it out at circut city and I asked the salesman to see it with a HD feed and without. The non HD picture was very descent. The HD picture was impressive for a tv in that price range. It was sitting next to a 1400 dollar Samsung so I really got to compare the two. Of course the Samsung looked awesome in HD, but non HD looked about the same. I mostly watch regular tv programming with an occasional movie, and I currently have no HD equipment, so I think the Vizio would be just fine for me.

Goody
New User

Oct 28, 2007, 6:40 AM

Post #6 of 15 (32162 views)
Shortcut

I've actually opened up a few Vizios and currently the L37 and VX37 had LG-Philips panels inside, so pretty decent screens. However I was also looking at the Konka 37" - KDL37BT23U3 1080P Screen, heard that the Panels they use are currently manufactured by SHARP/CMO. It retails for $899.00, I think it might be a better buy?

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 28, 2007, 7:04 AM

Post #7 of 15 (32159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Goody] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

konka are manufactured defective screens from SHARP (look closely you may or may not notice it?) originally used by Sony as KDT37BTU23U3 /Sony made guarranteed over all electronics. It was re-framed in KOREA. if it retails for $899.00, how much they're selling?

denonjapan
made in japan

Goody
New User

Oct 28, 2007, 8:09 AM

Post #8 of 15 (32158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the 1080i version for $700 and the 1080p version for $899, but after some research, I found out that Konka is actually a very famous brand in China.
According to GlobalSources, they're the second largest in China, just behind TCL, so I doubt they would ship any of their work / assemblies to Korea and use defective panels, especially goods coming into the US.

(This post was edited by Goody on Oct 28, 2007, 8:12 AM)

techchris
Veteran

Oct 28, 2007, 4:20 PM

Post #9 of 15 (32147 views)
Shortcut

you must have led a sheltered childhood,friend.nothing that comes out of china is any good.they just cant make anything, tv's clothes,toys shoes etc etc.just thank God that Boeing dont outsource plane making there!!!(yet)

Franky
User

Oct 29, 2007, 1:19 AM

Post #10 of 15 (32141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

He wants a fat chicken for little money,everything coming out of china is cheap in money and materials what you expect.Vizio is chanese carefull.

Goody
New User

Oct 29, 2007, 1:38 AM

Post #11 of 15 (32140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha.. sorry for me laughing in your face! But Vizio is not chanese nor Chinese, they're Taiwanese!

ASUS, ACER Group (AOPEN,BENQ), CMO, FIC, QUANTA, TATUNG are just a few manufacturers who also happen to OEM for HP, DELL, SIEMENS, FUJITSU, SONY.. and I could go all day long!

Franky
User

Oct 29, 2007, 1:47 AM

Post #12 of 15 (32135 views)
Shortcut

Well i went to a store here in the good USA and have looked behind the the vizio sets and i read MADE IN CHINA.HA< HA>

Franky
User

Oct 29, 2007, 1:59 AM

Post #13 of 15 (32132 views)
Shortcut

Many new brands manufacturing plasma and LCD TVs are purely virtual enterprises with no manufacturing capacity and no support. Some of the new players don't even staff corporate offices. While Vizio doesn't release specifics on who manufactures its products, it does seem to have a support program. Out-of-warranty service is available at Vizio's national offices in California or in-home, which we suspect consumers will opt for. A Vizio spokesperson said that while in-home service is national, customers in very remote locations are sometimes outside of service areas. If you're that far out, you will probably have to drive at least as far to get the TV serviced as you did to buy it. I wonder what would happen to a Vizio TV which went defective after the manufacturer's warranty—getting it serviced might be tough.

Goody
New User

Oct 29, 2007, 2:13 AM

Post #14 of 15 (32131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] Who makes Vizio? [In reply to] Can't Post

... MADE IN CHINA ... my god are you naive! So in other words, you're trying to sell me the idea of EVERYTHING carrying the "Made in China" sticker, is MADE by a CHINESE COMPANY...

If that were to be true, then so would the following statements:
ALL "HP" Products are MADE IN USA, ALL "SONY" Products are MADE IN JAPAN... ALL "TOYOTA" Cars are MADE IN JAPAN... ALL "TI" Products are MADE IN TEXAS... sadly they aren't.

My PANASONIC Plasma is MADE in China, is it an inferior product? I've got a Vizio VX37 in my study and tell you the truth, I like the LCD better than the Plasma. As said in the post earlier, I was eager to find out what panel they used and opened the back of my screen to find out that they use LG-Philips Panels. LG is Korean, Philips is Dutch, their control board is by AVERMedia, TV Tuner by Philips, so far for info on the VX37.
My sister has the P50HDTV, if you're interested I could take that apart and tell you guys what components it has to offer!

Franky
User

Oct 30, 2007, 1:27 AM

Post #15 of 15 (32119 views)
Shortcut

Beleive it, look at the RCA shit compaired to the RCA that was manufactored before the stick sad MADE in CHINA, most of the brands you mentioned use to be assembled somewhere else,not made in china.and if they say made in china,they are realy made in there,that's why they become a piece of shit just like, This new RCA.Just open one up and see inside,most of the components inside are Third world made components with few exceptions, you got it all wrong,buy Vizio and then don't blame yourself you were not warned,and i'm not talking about the outsaurced jobs that we lost,because of people like you that support this crap because is cheap,but remember cheap most times become expensive.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)