Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
buying first TV in almost 10 years

azret
New User

Dec 30, 2006, 11:58 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1536 views)
Shortcut
buying first TV in almost 10 years Can't Post

Like the topic says, I haven't purchased a new TV in almost 10 years now. I need help choosing a TV for my bedroom. The room is not very big, viewing distance will be aprox 6-8ft. I currently have a 27" CRT and I'm happy with the size (except I would prefer 16:9). The biggest problem is probably budget but to make up for it my expectations are not unreasonable... I would like to spend no more that $500. I have a pretty decent Surround Sound system to use with it so sound is not a concern. Also, It doesn't necessarily have to be LCD but it does have to be HD....

Currently I'm considering the TV below. Please tell me what you think of it and make any suggestions as to what I should look for...

http://www.circuitcity.com/...ccd/productDetail.do
Feel free to reccomend different TV's I'm very open minded...

(This post was edited by azret on Dec 30, 2006, 12:02 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 30, 2006, 7:22 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azret] buying first TV in almost 10 years [In reply to] Can't Post

Will it make any difference if you ain't willing to go extra mile? Disregard your allowing budget except, dream another 10 years or so before HD monitor will be offered $500 or less, if that to happen is likely a used monitor, only if you get lucky....
since you preferred 16:9 hd monitor , You have to have an flatscreen and your opt to have an LCD as your best choice according to your viewing distance. and this is the sting part> if you decide with OLEVIA monitor?, I suggest, keep your 27 crt monitor for a while and wait and save another $500 till next year and better your original choice. fair?

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 31, 2006, 5:10 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azret] buying first TV in almost 10 years [In reply to] Can't Post

A 27" LCD TV with HD for $500? Good luck finding anything decent.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)