Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
even 1080i looks like crap from comcast

Igydigital
New User

Jul 22, 2007, 7:37 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3098 views)
Shortcut
even 1080i looks like crap from comcast Can't Post

I bought a 46"samsung LCD. 15:1 contrast ration..pretty expensive TV. Games look good, dvd's through the Xbox360 HDMI calbes look decent, still haven't seen anything in 1080p movie wise though. Sometimes they broadcast channels at 1080i, and they look great, other times, same channel, same broadcast, and it looks horrobile. All analog cable channles look blurry. It has a built in digital turner, and thats how I am getting some free HD channels. But all these digital channles that are broadcasting at 480 look horrilbe, they actually look worst than cable. I can see pixles everywhere, and sometimes I can still see pixels at 1080i. NOw on DVD's, everything is fine, and on downloaded HD materail through My XBOX, its perfect. But am I always going to get those pixels through the cable? Is it that Comcast sucks, or I need to buy special cables to get a better resolution? I don't have an HD box, I have basic cable, but still obtain HD channels because of my Tv's built in Digital tuner. Any advice would be greatly appreciatied..thanks

Franky
User

Jul 23, 2007, 9:35 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Igydigital] even 1080i looks like crap from comcast [In reply to] Can't Post

Get Dishnetwork,cable is crapy pic.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 27, 2007, 4:37 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Igydigital] even 1080i looks like crap from comcast [In reply to] Can't Post

if you aren't sure of the word HIGH DEFINITION and it's requirements, You shouldn't have an LCD and blame COMCAST for no reason. Your TV should be CABLE ready along with the built-in tuner. if you connect your basic subscription would allow you viewing enhanced picture which incomparable to HD picture. Still, if the displaying picture don't meet your expectations is how well your SAMSUNG lcd downconvert the signal, Some are better than others. but it's definitely not COMCAST fault. Call an upgrade your OPTIONS but it will cost you.

denonjapan
made in japan

Camlawnman
New User

Dec 7, 2007, 10:32 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2896 views)
Shortcut

If you dont have an hd cable box from comcast your digital or basic signal will look as it did before you got the lcd tv.from what i read.

terminator4
User

Dec 8, 2007, 4:35 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] even 1080i looks like crap from comcast [In reply to] Can't Post

dish is even worse because when theres bad weather the dish signal is going in and out! so dish is not good

123bargains
New User

Dec 19, 2007, 12:31 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2863 views)
Shortcut

I think you would probably need an HD Box to get the HD signals. I had a regular cable with my HDTV and the pictures were terrible, but once I got the HD Box then they looked much better.
LCD TV Deals Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)