Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
hitachi 42 strange display problems

warbeast
New User

Nov 16, 2013, 2:09 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3311 views)
Shortcut
hitachi 42 strange display problems Can't Post

i got my son a preowned hitachi from a dealer its now back with him but i think i might have trouble getting this problem fixed so would like as much info on what the fault could be to demand it fixed when i see him when my son plays his xbox the display will lag while showing a faint image behind this of the screen from a few secs before the backlight will also start to flicker
the xbox isnt at fault tested and even if we turn channel to hdmi2 or any other source the faint image and flicker remains untill we remove the mains then after a reboot its fine again for a few more days with it having 1yr cover i didnt want to keep it like this and have it do it every 5mins after a year tried the game mode settings noise reduction etc nothing helped the 1st thing the guy in the shop said was
"well you know we dont test are tvs on consoles before we sell and some are just funny when it comes to games"
to me this is him getting ready to say the tv is fine and the problem isnt a fault but instead a compatabilty issue with xbox
the model i think is 42lc03u or somthing like that have tired the xbox on every source
have tried the xbox on 720 to 1080p <br>

(This post was edited by warbeast on Nov 16, 2013, 2:31 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 16, 2013, 8:56 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [warbeast] hitachi 42 strange display problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Your search - 42lc03u - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Unimpressed

-------------------------

warbeast
New User

Nov 16, 2013, 9:40 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] hitachi 42 strange display problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry I was trying to remember the model off the top of my head
Anyway it's hitachi l42vc04u and When playing xbox with all input VGA hdmi etc it would randomly Show a laggy/glitch screen with a faint burn in looking image like the laggy picture is overlapping the faint picture This faint burn in type image would remain even when switched to cable tv hdmi2
some times it would show cable tv with the faint xbox image behind and other times I would get sound from the cable box but both the laggy xbox image and faint xbox image would remain on the cable hdmi channel Putting the tv on standby then back on would also show the same image the only fix was to pull the mains then it works fine for a few days and only seems to return at random times when playing xbox also it never starts when playing games but seems to begin when i exit a game to the main xbox dashboard the menus move slow laggy then the burn in image starts with a flicker on the backlight then its stuck like this on all channels

(This post was edited by warbeast on Nov 16, 2013, 10:14 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 16, 2013, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3275 views)
Shortcut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_lag?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_persistence?

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 16, 2013, 10:38 PM)

warbeast
New User

Nov 16, 2013, 10:52 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3272 views)
Shortcut

i have read about this before and how some lcd models need the settings tweaked to stop lag on gaming however this is not my fault as it works fine for days without lag it is random and also the fault remains as in the full clear but laggy image on hdmi1 is still shown on hdmi2 vga scart etc only sound swaps and only a instant reboot fixes it

(This post was edited by warbeast on Nov 16, 2013, 10:59 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 16, 2013, 11:07 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3267 views)
Shortcut

Parts most likely:

Main Board
Tcon Board
Panel defect

warbeast
New User

Nov 16, 2013, 11:28 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3265 views)
Shortcut

thanks my guess is logic board
my wife just said once when it flipped out after are son was playing xbox she changed to cable tv hdmi2 but got the same bright clear but laggy image of xbox on cable channel she then switched off xbox but still the bright clear image remains does not look like burn in
it does show burn in at times each time you move a menu while it is laggy it prints a faint image behind i could understand why this would stay on the screen when switched to cable tv but that would not explain why the main image is also stuck

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)