Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E

scottyg
New User

Jan 24, 2009, 7:19 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1986 views)
Shortcut
how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E Can't Post

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TEST AN AC POWER ADAPTOR FOR A SHARP LC-15S1E LCD TELEVISION WITHOUT PLUGING IT IN TO THE TV SET IT HAS FOUR WIRES THAT PLUG INTO THE TELEVISION , 2 MUST BE THE DC INPUT (assuming the shield and white one),WHAT DO THE OTHER 2 DO ARE THEY THE TRIGGER FOR THE ADAPTOR,I HAVE TRIED MANY FORMS OF INPUT TO THESE WIRES BUT NOTHING TRIGGERS IT HOW DOES IT TRIGGER THE ADAPTOR ON WITH THESE 2 SMALL WIRES?(assumming they are the red and blue ones?)
ANY OPIONS OR SOLUTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009, 4:35 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottyg] how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E [In reply to] Can't Post

See if you can find a part number on the power supply itself and post it here if you find it -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

scottyg
New User

Jan 25, 2009, 2:10 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E [In reply to] Can't Post

hi the part number is UADP-A043WJPZ

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2009, 3:27 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottyg] how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E [In reply to] Can't Post

The research I've done on this power supply shows it to be a 12volt 5 amp power supply. It doesn't show any trigger wires.

Do you suspect a problem with the power supply? If so what are the symptoms that lead you to this point -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

scottyg
New User

Jan 26, 2009, 6:46 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] how do i test anac power adpator for a sharp AQUOS LC15S1E [In reply to] Can't Post

I ACTUALLY GOT MY HANDS ON ONE TO RUN A CAR STEREO ,FOUND OUT WHAT IT CAME FROM.CUT THE PLUG OFF (DC PLUG) PUT A VOLTMETER ON THE SHIELD AND WHITE WIRE PLUGGED THE AC CORD IN AND GOT A 0.200 TO 0.600 VOLT FLUCTUATION AND NO 12 VOLT OUT PUT WHICH IS WHY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE OTHER 2 SMALL WIRES (RED AND BLUE) ACTUALLY DO ARE THEY TRIGGER WIRESTO TURN THE POWER SUPPLY ON OR CURRENT SENSING WIRES,I HAVE THE SERVICE MANUAL I DOWNLOADED FOR THE TELEVISION AND LIKE YOU SAID IT ONLY SHOWS ONE DC PLUG WITH NO RECOLLECTION OF ANY OTHER WIRES ON THE DIAGRAM IS THERE A SCHEMATIC FOR THIS POWER SUPPLY? UNFORTUNATELY CURIOUSITY HAS GOT THE BETTER OF ME AND IT GOT TO THE POINT OF ASKING SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM IF THEY KONW HOW IT WORKS BASICALLY,
CHEERS SCOTT.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2009, 11:56 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1960 views)
Shortcut

The info I found on that power supply is that it s a 12 volt 5 amp power supply, it doesn't show anything about trigger wires or sensor wires etc. check out the link below to see if it looks like your power supply. It shows what the pins were for on the plug that you removed. -- Dan

Click Here

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)