Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
using Sharp Aquos LC-30HV4u display without sharp AVC

markosjal
New User

Aug 15, 2020, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1507 views)
Shortcut
using Sharp Aquos LC-30HV4u display without sharp AVC Can't Post

I have a Sharp LC-30HV4U display and AVC. It has an outboard tuner ad video selctor input called an "AVC". As far as I am concerned the AVC Is pretty much obsolete.

The sound on this TV is SRS / Focus system and is pretty good for a TV.

Recently I tested the display only (without AVC) connecting to the display's DVI port (labelled "display input 1") and sending an HDMI signal by way of HDMI to DVI converter froj the HDMI port of a computer. It worked fine however it did not produce any sound. I may be mistaken but I believe the audio is normally carried from AVC to display over the "display input 2" connector which is an MDR conector (like on some SCSI LVDS devices).

I would like to use the display only woith an external tuner but also make use of the sound. My question is if anyone has or knows of a pin-out for this connector or how I can get any kind of external audio into it. I am not opposed to hacking it.

I would also like to confirm , if anyne can, that I can use the Display input 1 , DVI connector with analog such as VGA as I might use a VGA to DVI adapter.

(This post was edited by markosjal on Aug 15, 2020, 8:05 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)