what tv???

4evermetalhead
New User

Mar 28, 2011, 7:09 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2087 views)
Shortcut
what tv??? Can't Post

hey guys,
just signed up cause i need help.Unsure so i want to buy a tv and i just cant figure out which one. there are tons of tvs out there lcds,plasmas,projectors,with contrast ratio,hdmis,inches,wi-fis etc etc etc (you get the picture). so much info for so many things and so many tvs that makes something easy pretty much difficult. and the most important if you just google for example sony lcd tv problems or samsung lcd tv problems etc you get a ton of complains and problems.Frown so i need to buy a tv with if possible NO problems at all 42" or 50" (not a must) good contrast extras etc. with a few words an overall good buy.Angelic just now im buying everything for my house so i dont want to pay that tv in the next lets say at least 4-5 years. i believe a good tv should actually work without any buts and nos and no i will not power ons for 10 years. my old one did for 11 and still works but its an old big heavy thing.Mad
thanks in advance guys for any help and info.SmileCoolSmile

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 28, 2011, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [4evermetalhead] what tv??? [In reply to] Can't Post

i believe a good tv should actually work without any buts and nos and no i will not power ons for 10 years. my old one did for 11 and still works but its an old big heavy thing.

You'll have to take that up with the powers that be and the TV manufacturers (hope you savvy foreign lingos).
Currently you WILL be replacing your TV approx. every 3 to 7 years.

-------------------------

techchris
Veteran

Mar 28, 2011, 8:20 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2083 views)
Shortcut

the only hope left in this world of madness is Panasonic, but don't expect it to last more than 5-6 years. Anyway, in 5 years time the screen may be fitted into your contact lenses so the tv will be obsolete!

4evermetalhead
New User

Mar 29, 2011, 3:17 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] what tv??? [In reply to] Can't Post

so that means im doomed?? Tongue the think is that last night i read an article that was saying that panasonic tvs are basicly sonys on the inside?????? and sony has problems due to the low voltage capasitors.i still will be in a huge dept for my house in 5-6 years,so i dont want to pay extra for anything else.BUT the thing im worried is not the money. if fear that one day i will go to my house feeling like dead from work and in that minute of relaxation my tv will say no.and it might be just 3 years old for example.just like that.with no warning signs.MadShocked pfff...thanks anyway guys.Cool

techchris
Veteran

Mar 29, 2011, 5:23 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2076 views)
Shortcut

Panasonic is not Sony. Don't worry about 5 years time, what with Libya,Japanese radiation and the Chinese building up their armed forces the tv is the least of your problems

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)