kinetic3
New User

Feb 26, 2009, 2:39 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1594 views)
Shortcut
2 - Philips 42PFP5332D's Can't Post

**i posted this originally in TV repair...**

I have two Philips Plasma 42PFP5332D's

#1 - turns on - sound everything, green light, etc - except there is no picture, no menu's anything associated with video. The plasma screen has a "glow" to it when it turns on.

#2 - will not turn on - it has 6 red flashing lights (which flash fairly quick. pause for about 2/3 seconds and repeat)

I have the service manual for the TV but I do not have the service manual for the pdp board (as stated in the service manual - apparently there are two service manuals)

Any any all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

techchris
Veteran

Feb 26, 2009, 5:31 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kinetic3] 2 - Philips 42PFP5332D's [In reply to] Can't Post

TWO Philips tv's? Thats bad luck,I am sorry to hear that!. Why not try swapping the boards around to see what board cures what fault.its the easiest solution if you have identical tv's. However, Philips being what they are dont always use the same chassis in the same model number tv's so look first to see if they are the same. Changing boards is what us folk in the trade do to save time and effort

kinetic3
New User

Feb 26, 2009, 8:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] 2 - Philips 42PFP5332D's [In reply to] Can't Post

Originally I got the second tv from a friend for free... since Im a techy figured it wouldnt be that difficult to fix...

The tv (#2) wouldnt turn on - it did the flashing red light sequence. I found a bunch of stuff for older model philips but not the new model I have.

So I went on ebay and got the second one (#1) - which has no picture but sound. Figured I would swap out parts (as you suggested) but when I got it home - i found out it was the same model number BUT different version A vs C (or something) - different boards different internals -

SO now I have 2 tvs when I really just wanted to fix one. I can post pictures if needed. I have the service manual but its been VERY little help. Ive been looking for solutions for a while and trying not to call a tech.

**on a side note I did find a tech who would come out to my house for free and tell me what was wrong** Thought about doing that and tipping him 20 after he told me what boards were broken.

Thanks for the reply....

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)